Chapter 3

Jeremy’s face was priceless. I could watch it all day. “And that, little grasshopper, is why I’m not dating anyone right now.”

“What does you punching me have to do with anything?” he grumbled as Amber helped him to his feet with a grin on her face.

“You asked why I wasn’t dating anyone right now.” I shrugged. “Because I can’t find a guy who’s stronger than me. My dad trained me a lot, and he told me if a guy does anything to me that I don’t like, I throw a punch just like that.” I grinned. “And look how well that worked out.”

“Yeah? Well, I doubt a guy would want to date a little package with a lot of punch.” Jeremy said and I narrowed my eyes at him.

“Do you want another demonstration?”

He quickly answered. “No thanks. I think that’s enough fighting for a day. And it looks like I’m off your dating list.”

“You were never on it in the first place.” I rolled my eyes.

“What? Why not?” he said shocked and I gave an obvious glance in Amber’s direction, but Jeremy didn’t need words to know what I was talking about. He blushed red, making me grin.

“What are you two talking about?” Amber suddenly asked.

“Nothing.” We both responded, but I knew she didn’t buy it one bit, but she let it drop. “Anyway guys, I’m getting tired.” I said yawning and looking at the clock. It was a little past seven in the evening.

“Oh! We can show you your room!” Kina said excitedly. “What room number are you?”

I took the key out of my pocket and looked at the number imprinted. “Six-two-four.” I answered, and they groaned. “What? What’s wrong?”

“Six-two-four? That means you’re next to six-two-three.”

I gave them a confused look. “So? Is it haunted or something?”

“Worse.” Jeremy leaned in and whispered, “You hear the moaning and groaning of queen bitches.”

I cringed back in disgust. “What? Are you serious?”

They all nodded with sympathy, and lead me to my room. We passed by six-two-three, and I stared at the door. It looked normal, but then again, I shouldn’t judge a room by its door.

In the end, they all came into the room with me. Amber and Jeremy went to check out the balcony. My room was on the sixth floor, while theirs was on the third only. Dorms occupied the third, fourth, fifth, and sixth floor. I was guessing that the other two held the classes.

“The view’s really nice.” I heard Amber say, and looked over to them and saw Jeremy staring at her, though she was looking straight ahead and didn’t see him.

“Yeah.” He practically sighed, and I blinked in shock.

Maybe Jeremy knows about his feelings for her more than I thought. Was he saying that stuff from before just to get her jealous? The more I observed them, the more I thought I was right.

“Lucky!” Kina sighed switching my attention to her instead. “You get this whole room to yourself!

“Yeah…” I agreed and looked around. “It is pretty big huh?”

Though it practically looked the exact same to everyone else’s just the thought that only I was living here and barely had any possessions at hand made the dorm seem much bigger. They eventually decided to leave me by myself to catch some sleep and I was left alone. I went into the bathroom and saw that there was still some crusted blood on my body and lips.