Chapter 3.

Chapter 3.
Hungry Like The Wolf.

    Closing the bathroom's door behind her, Cora' took off her sweater. The instant she started to do the same with her t-shirt, she noticed a green form in the mirror. A surprised scream almost burst from her throat, but she stopped it on time.

"Sweet Jesus!"
"Nop, quite the opposite, baby," replied the demon, a gigantic satisfied smile on his face.
After a short silence, Corazana asked, "Rough Satan ?"
"Yeah, I'll go with that."

    Even if he didn't show it, Beetlejuice really liked her retort.

"You do have a sense of humor!"
"I try to. Isn't it like the only weapon I can use against a ghost, demon, whatever you are ?"
He couldn't help but smile even more, "And you're smart, what a delight."
"I have no idea where you're going with all those allegations, but I would like some privacy."
"Oh come on, now ya can see me, it will be different for both of us this time!"
"This ti- oh my God, no. Tell me you didn't- shit, I can't believe that. This is so fucked up..."

    Corazana was unable to look at anything but her feet. This whole night was a nightmare, there was no other possibility. She'll wake up the next morning and not a single thing would have been real. She looked back at him, anger in her eyes.

"C'mon, don't give me that face," he laughed.
"You know what, creep? Do whatever you want! Stay or leave, I don't care! I can wash me and my clothes at the same time!"

    On these words, she entered the shower cubicle fully dressed and turned the tap on. Her gaze locked on to his, she soon felt the weight of her wet clothes.

"You won this round, baby, I'm impressed."
"What do you mean this round ?" she asked.
"Means that we're gonna have a lot of fun, mujer loca."
Cora tried her hardest not to stutter but failed miserably, "Y-you're mujer loca! Cabron! Bastardo!"

    In the blink of an eye, Beetlejuice had left, leaving his mocking laugh echoing against the walls of the bathroom.

***

    Two days had passed before Corazana was able to act "normal" around Beetlejuice and Lydia. Most of the time, she just stayed in the guest room and they saw her when she came to the kitchen to snatch food. But the third morning, she took her breakfast with Lydia. Of course, the demon was there. Of course, she ignored him. And of course, he made the milk bottle explode in her hands. Lydia rushed to grab a napkin and tried to clean Corazana hair, scowling at the demon.

"Now that's just embarrassing," deadpanned the young woman.
"Whatcha' gonna do ? Give me a fight ?" anyone could have read on his face that he really wanted to have a fight.
"No, you're such a boring ghost, it honestly bothers me to give you attention."
"Yeah I- ... Sorry, I'm a what now ?"
"You heard me."