Part 4.

Chapter 4. BAD NEWS.

We arrived at the dorm by 5.30 for we spent the whole day in the camp because the other military officials held us back to eat lunch with them, and enjoy the last day of Kangin in serving for the military.

I went directly to the kitchen, next to the living room. The kitchen has a granite counter with five stools. Also, a medium-sized oven was placed next to the sink.

"Shoot!" I exclaimed as a slice of carrot fell off from the chopping board.

"Ya~, be careful, Sara," Kyuhyun said while playing on his laptop that is placed on the top of the kitchen's granite counter, and he picked up a slice of green apple that he chopped minutes ago.

I stuck my tongue out at him. "Shut up, Kyu."

Me, Ryeowook, and Donghae are busy preparing food. This also serves as a practice for Hae's new drama. We will prepare bibimbap, a bucket of fried chicken, mandu (dumplings), and a round red velvet cake.

We started with the fried chicken because it's the easiest one to cook from the other three. Then, we made the bibimbap. Wookie cooked the rice, Hae prepared the other ingredients, and I did the slicing. There's a lot of "bibimbap aroma" in the kitchen while we cooked it. The two guys volunteered to do the dumplings, and I'm assigned to bake the cake.

One hour later. . .

Ting!

I opened the oven and a thin smoke came from inside. I pulled out the tray of the round cake, and planned on giving it to Wookie. I smiled to myself while looking at the cake

"Hyung," I called Ryeowook. "Can you chill this one for me? I'll clean up the kitchen. Jebal..."

"I'm your 'oppa'," he puted. "Only boys use 'hyung' to call boys that are older than them."

"Oh, Mianhae, oppa. I'm just used to you guys saying that honoriific."

He laughed. "It's okay, Sara. Here, lemme take it." He pulled the cake away from me, and went to their smart refrigerator.

I started cleaning the kitchen by picking up the mess on the floor. Then, I wiped the kitchen counter, and the sink clean. Hae finished the dumplings, and also helped me in cleaning.

"There's one more dish we need to cook," he said, putting the rag on the top of the faucet.

"Huh?" I looked at the finished dishes that we cooked for an hour and a half. "We finished cooking it all."

"Let's make a spicy rice cake," Donghae suggested with a grin.

I grinned back. "Sounds great."

I was taken back when I heard Leeteuk's voice.

"Kyuhyun-ah," he called from the living room. "Seohyun's here."

[SUNGMIN's POV]

I was sitting on the couch with Henry and Leeteuk hyung, talking about the upcoming sixth album, when the doorbell rang.