Part 19.1

Part 19: Fever and Dramas

A bag cold green peas hit my forehead, and I felt the warmth the fever gave my body subsiding slowly. After BoA dropped me off the apartment building, I took the elevator and leaned on the metal wall for support. I was exhausted. The only thing I did that day was getting myself a scolding from Lee Soo Man, run away from reporters, and talk with BoA at my best friend's cafe.

That was it. I groaned when I remembered our chat. It contained a lot of things that boiled my fever up. I thought I didn't have one until I started having a bad headache.

I was in my room, my body spread on the bed with my comforter covering my thighs up to my chest. I can't move. Every move I made felt like big watermelons were placed on every part of my body.

No matter how hard I shake my thoughts from it, I kept thinking about Jessa. Our friendship was strong enough, but not that very capable of holding on a little longer. I was stupid to say that to her and she was foolish to say that to me. Things got a little complicated back there, didn't it?

Did I have to remember that? Another groan escaped my lips and I pressed the bag deeper to my forehead.

"Are you still with that little piece of shit, Jess?" When the words escaped my lips, another pain rang inside my head. I had no control of myself now. I can't control my temper.

I threw whatever I can throw that was of my reach. I heard a loud thud and that calmed me down a bit. I didn't know what it was yet I couldn't care less.

What was worse was when my head started doing some flashbacks which I wouldn't have allowed if I was not weak at the moment. The days where we used to roam around the city, the days where Jessa used to reprimand me of my bad behavior, the nights she spent at my house, the time where I got her into my own troubles. I missed those times, I missed the old her.

The old me was not worth longing.

A tear escaped my eyes and I let it slide down to my ear, then to my hair. I muttered a bad word and another ring of pain roamed inside my head.

"Sara, did you take the green peas from the refrigerator?" Ryeowook said after reminding his company to knock on the door first.

"Told you she's not feeling well," I heard Kyuhyun's voice in the background, probably the one who casually opened my door.

Ryeowook didn't ask me if I was okay, he saw I was far from it. Instead, he walked up to me and put the back of his hand on my neck. He gave a slight frown and took the bag of chilled green peas from my hand.

"How did she get a fever?" He tilted his head to look at Kyuhyun who was standing by the doorframe. He was asking him questions for he knew I was tired to speak. I wasted a piece of my energy cursing before they showed up though.

"I haven't been with her the whole day." Kyuhyun's voice sounded as if he was thinking, too. "Maybe she was shaken up a bit by yesterday's performance."

Ryeowook offered to make a porridge in the kitchen and left with the green peas in his hand. He said it was a mild fever so there was nothing to worry about, and I should just take my medicine and eat a warm soup.

"Do you have a problem?" Kyuhyun asked. He was now sitting at the end of my bed and was studying me profusely.

I shook my head but he didn't take that as a no. "Then why are you sick?"

"I got soaked in the rain," I muttered. I didn't know why I was denying him that. It was probably good if I had just said yes in the first place, but something tells me I won't get him involved.