Part 16

Part 16: Awkward

It's just an X. I was so sensitive. He didn't read that, right? Noticed it? Yes? No?

I know I'm really overreacting, but I haven't done that stuff in texting. I was always formal. Well, maybe I texted X's to my close friends but-

"Sara-ssi?" Kyungmin waved her hands in front of me.

"Huh? Ah, Kyungmin-ssi. How's your ankle?" I asked, recovering from my thoughts.

She rolled her eyes at me, but I only blinked back. "You had asked me that already. It's fine now."

"Oh," was all that I can say.

"You need to start stretching," she lightly pushed me on the floor so that she was the only one sitting on the small bench for two in the training.

I almost growled at her, considering that she was just depending on the excuse that she broke her ankle. I didn't even know why she attended the practice. She'd been nosy, as always.

No one bosses me aroun- I stopped. No, Sara. Stop being so mean. You should keep calm.

I closed my eyes. Don't, Sara.

"Start stretching, Sara-ah," she said in monotone, making it look like she was bored. "Miss Tiger will be here in a few minutes."

Just when I was finishing the first eight counts of my last warm-up, the door opened.

"Good morning, guys." A smiling BoA walked with a grey coat slung over her right hand. She put the coat on the bench next to Kyungmin. "Is your foot okay now?"

Kyungmin just nodded at her with surprised eyes which was the same one we all threw at BoA.

"I'm here to..." she made the monoblock chair face her and sat on it, so her front were resting on the backrest of it. "...teach you again."

When she smiled at us, it felt like the whole room lightened up, literarily. She was like an angel. Pretty and innocent. When she dances, we find it totally sexy and impressive.

There's this thing about her that when she entered the room, we felt her power, in a good way. Like we were her servants and she was our queen.

One raised her hand. BoA looked at her, acknowledging what she was gonna say. "Um, teach? What will we learn today?"

"What else?" She snapped her fingers and Eat You Up played.

BoA got up from her chair and pushed it forward with her hand and caught it with her feet.

She motioned us to get up and dance while singing the lyrics. First, us trainees looked at each other, not knowing how to dance to this song. But knowing we have no choice, we got up and tried our best to catch up with her moves.

At the start, we followed her with difficulty. The second chorus came and we gave up. Instead, we did random moves and had fun when we noticed BoA not following her the dance moves, following us instead and made a little competition by showing off the dance moves.

"I'll eat you up!" We shouted when the song ended. "Yeahhhhhhh! Wohoooo!"

"That was one great impromptu, you guys," BoA praised while catching her breath. "Five-minute break and you'll dance Only One. Kay?"

We agreed and went to drink water, wipe off our sweats, tie our shoe laces neatly, or sit on the floor.

I checked my phone to see if there were any new messages, just in case. I had my conversation with Kyuhyun deleted one day ago. I went to my Twitter app and pressed the icon for the new tweet and typed: "I'll eat you up~~~ #practice". I pressed the tweet button and locked my phone.