0.5

Every time Jim went out with his friends he always made sure to tap my window and wave. Most of the time it scared the shit outta me, but made me smile. Sometimes he'd surprise me with funny faces or fog up the window and write stupid messages and smiley faces.

I never cleaned that window.

One night, Jim was climbing up the steps, but didn't stop at his window, just kept going. We hadn't talked today, maybe something was up.

I opened my window, clad in my tank top and sweats. I saw him hop up to the roof and I started climbing. Once I got near the top, I whispered his name. "Jim! Jim!"

I climbed over the top of the building. I saw Jim, taking his shirt off and start to unbuckle his belt.

"Jim?"

He turned to me in his boxers, a shocked smile on his face.

"Oh shit, hi Kate!" He pulled up his pants as I approached him. What the heck was he doing?

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to-catch you at a bad time." I tried to avoid the bulge in his pants.

"Should I ask?" I chuckled. "Uhh, no. Probably not." He laughed. He buckled his belt back and walked closer to me.

"I Uh, missed you I just thought I'd come see you. I can go, if you want." I walked backwards to the steps. He stepped forward and grabbed my hand. "Wait, stay! I wanna show you something."

I gave him a questioning look. "Cmon!" He urged. We stepped to the other side and I saw all the city lights illuminating the darkness. "Wow, this is beautiful." I sighed.

"No, not that." He tilted my chin up to the sky. "That. Right there." He pointed up towards the stars.

"The sky. Isn't it amazing?" He asked. I looked to him and he stood there in awe with his mouth hanging open and a dumb smile tugged at the corners of his mouth.

"Yeah. yeah it's beautiful too." I looked up.

He laid down on the ground. "It's easier this way."

I laid a couple feet away from him.

"I could stay this way forever. Couldn't you?" He asked.

"Yeah but I should've brought a jacket." I held my arms and continued to watch the stars.

"Here, let me get closer."

He scooted over to me and put his arm behind my head. He put the other over my stomach and brought me closer.

I felt the heat radiating from his chest. His slender arms still warm.

"Better?" He asked. "Yeah, thank you." I wondered if he could feel my heart beating out of my chest.

"Did you have fun with your friends?" I asked. "Yeah it was an okay time. I actually went and saw Bobby. Took him to a show."

I was surprised at this. "Wow, they let you take him at night?" I asked. He grinned. "Not exactly." He laughed. His smile disappeared. "Well, He asked to go back early before the show was over."

"Oh I'm sorry. Maybe he was just tired." I felt bad for Jim. He looked hurt and disappointed. "Yeah, just tired." He echoed.

"Well what movie did you go see?" I asked. Did he like movies like he liked writing?

His cheeks heated up. "We didn't go to that kinda show."

"Oh. What kind of show then?" I asked. What other kinds of shows are there to go to?

"Well. It was actually uh. 'Private' show.." I thought for a moment. "Like.. a dirty show?" I looked at him as he looked at me. Our faces closer than 5 inches. "Uh yeah." He suddenly lost all playfulness in his attitude.