31. Old Features

Draven was getting his knuckles wrapped in bandage when he heard knocks on his door. "Hey," he heard Eric's voice greet him, and when they walked around the curtains, Sophie and Eric finally came to view.

The nurse had finished wrapping Draven's knuckles and asked, "Is that too tight?"

"No, just perfect."

"You're free to go," she said before turning around, smiling at the other two and exiting the hospital room.

All of them were shocked; Sophie had not contacted the others since Eric had prevented her from doing. None of them knew what to do, especially Draven whose only thoughts entailed ways to destroy Kyle Merchi. He had shoved him on purpose, knowing Draven would have hit him.

However, Draven's eyes were dry, filled with coldness that he immediately directed to Eric. "You couldn't fucking tell me it was Kyle?" Eric gulped; he wasn't even seated yet and Draven had already started. "I would've waited until the party was over if you had just told me Eric—!"

"He was scared," Sophie intervened, watching Eric with bandaged all over his wounds and an ice pack against his neck. He was now waiting to take a CT scan to assure he had a concussion, and they had had a few hours to spare.

"Eric, answer me," Draven snarled.

"I didn't want to burden you with this."

"You burden me with everything else, I doubt this would be any different." When Draven finished that sentence, he sighed stressfully and shook his head, "I didn't mean that."

"You did mean that—"

"No I didn't mean that, I'm just upset Eric. Why not tell me?"

"Because I was afraid, and I didn't want to start another fight. I knew you'd go find him and try something."

"I wouldn't have—"

"Yes you would have," Sophie said sternly.

"Also," Eric scratched the side of his head, as if he had something worse to say. When he noticed Draven's brows furrow, he knew it would hurt him if he found out what he had to say next. Which was partially why he simply said, "Nevermind."

"Eric, I swear—"

"Rebecca was the leak," Sophie rapidly said in one entire breath. There was a series of emotions that crossed Draven's face, and he inhaled a sharp breath.

His eyes turned away from them, thoughts racing uncontrollably and with a shaky voice, he asked, "How do you know?"

Sophie glanced towards Eric, who was also surprised that she knew. She retrieved her phone, and handed it to Draven, "Click on the first voice memo."

When he pressed play, they heard muffled sounds but it soon became clear.

"Were you followed?" Kyle's voice became clearer, and they were both breathing heavily.

The next noise sounded like kissing, and then they heard, "I don't think so. Draven went for his awards and I was able to dodge the team." It was exactly Rebecca's voice, and they both saw Draven's eyes widen in horror. There was a mixture of hurt but shock, sickness roaming his stomach as he continued to listen.

They heard a scoff, "Eric was being dry with me today ever since he found your thong on my floor."

"I wonder if he spoke to Draven about it since Draven has been kind of weird ever since he returned."

"You think he knows you're the leak?"

"Maybe."

"Fuck, Becca."