8. Find the Leak

"Emergency meeting?" Rebecca said, lifting her eyes from her phone to stare at Jason who tightened his suit. She pulled the blanket from over her legs and reached for her dress, "Today was supposed to be our day off."

"I wonder if it has anything to do with his meeting with Eric yesterday."

Rebecca shrugged her shoulders, "Most likely."

"You want something to eat?" Jason asked, helping Rebecca zip up the back of her dress.

She shook her head, "I'll grab a banana from the counter."

"You sure?"

She faced him, and planted a short peck on his lips with a smile, "Yes I'm sure."

Jason's cheeks were warming up, and he turned away before she could see them become red.

They headed to their cars, and Jason asked, "Are you coming over tonight again?"

"How about my place instead?"

"Okay, meet you there after work." They both entered their cars and sped down the road, reaching the company building in half an hour.

When they reached their floor, they were startled by the tension in the air; none of the editors spoke. They all stared at a gloomy and furious Draven who stood at the front, his arms folded and staring at the floor. He was slowly pacing back-and-forth, a few whispering to themselves if they knew what was going on.

Today was supposed to be a celebrating day, since the comic had been released and people were buying them. The sells were doing well so far, and it statistically showed the amount of sells should double by the next day. However, there was no content in Draven's spirit.

All of the editors took their seat, Rebecca and Jason in their own, and Draven finally cleared his throat, grabbing all their attention.

"I trusted all of you, sincerely. A few of you have been here for ten years, a bunch of you for five years, and very little for a few months to a year. Regardless, I feel like I opened doors for you in allowing you to work for me," he said, his voice low and menacing.

His icy blue eyes observed every one of them, all feeling as if their blood was running cold from his mere stare. "This project...I admit, was stemmed from revenge. I was hurt, and still am, but nevertheless, it was my project. You all know the rules to projects handed to you; no leaks, no sharing confidential information because that can bring down my success, my upcoming sells."

Rebecca furrowed her brows and glanced towards Jason, who shrugged his shoulders. Miranda folded her arms, standing near the back, worried about Draven. Even Hector remained quiet, seated beside Jason.

"So who was it?" When nobody answered, all confused, he said, "Eric knew all about the comic. He even said he was able to read it, and a few scenes were directly correlated to him. Someone in this room told him, and many of you have been here before I met Eric even. So, who betrayed me?"

All of the editors appeared distraught, glancing at one another and none of them responded.

Draven tilted his head, "I knew none of you would be straightforward. So here's the deal I'm making. You find out who it was, everyone gets to stay. I don't have an answer by the end of this week, everyone gets fired. That includes you three," he eyed the senior editors.

Miranda stepped forward, alarmed, "Y-You can't do that."

"Was it you?"

"No it wasn't, but I've worked my ass off at this job. You cant just fire us—"