2: Logan

The photo above is Logan's outfit but with hiking boot converse instead of boots.

Before I start divulging into what happened with Clint and his currently bleeding nose, I thought I'd better explain myself. Also, because the information is in regards to everything that's happened. So before I heard Baron Strucker's mind start to walk down the stairs I was just a regular old assassin, living it up in Hamburg. But, like most origin stories, there was a whole lot more to it than that.

I was born, Logan Harris Green, on July 24th, 1984, just outside of Las Vegas, Nevada. My parents were Jemma and Harris Green. Mom was a teacher and dad was a biologist working for SHIELD. He specialized in the development of human enhancements kinda like X-Genes. My father, however, pioneered one of the first man made X-Genes, the ability of mind control. He then pioneered mind reading and a bunch of other powers that just got more dangerous as the years went on.

My father was a legend at SHIELD and had been working there for nearly twenty years before I was even born. They were in their 40's when they had me and I was actually a complete accident. My older brother, Leo Green, was not and I resented him for that.

Well, until he died. Until, they all died.

The whole world fell apart after my father was kidnapped by Hydra while on a mission and they forced him to create the first Red League assassin. Named because of the fact that the powers made your eyes turn red when you used them. My father assumed he was doing Hydra's bidding so they wouldn't hurt people but he was wrong.

Hydra had other plans and they got the first Red League assassin, a girl named Kira, to mind control my dad. She put a trigger in him and made it so that he would freak and kill his family once the trigger had been triggered. It was a nasty curse that my father didn't even know existed. Well, until they used it on him.

When I was seven I slept over at a friends house and came home to find my entire family was dead. Hydra was there at the time and they kidnapped me and dragged me all the way to Hamburg. In killing my father, they not only got his research but made sure that no one knew they had it.

They were able to create the fake X-Genes for years and the first thing they did was implant me. I was trained for years in the art of being an assassin before being sent on my first mission. One that I failed, miserably. Though, they took pity on me and I luckily got better. Began to use crossbows and recurves instead of the usual handgun or pistol. I became a master markswoman and earned my Red League title, Raven, at age 16.

For the next twelve years I'd been considered the best and learned to focus on work instead of the past. I ignored the longing in my stomach to leave and put all my energy into target practice and martial arts. I was pretty sure that I was top of my class until Clint Barton ruined everything.

***

It was late May and I was only two months from my twenty-eighth birthday, one that marked twenty-one years since coming to Hamburg. In that time period I had done quite well and had even managed to beat the crap out of the trainers. I was so good that Hydra brought a trainer in from the Red Room in Russia, just to whip me into shape.

I beat her to.

Becoming so good and beating so many trainers had its perks and I now knew how to say "you useless waste of human flesh" in over eight languages. I was fluent in four but the phrase was just another asset I had against the trainers. It was their favourite insult and was more often than not reserved for me.

"Jij nutteloze verspilling van menselijk vlees."

There it was, in Dutch of all languages.

I was fluent in English, German, Italian and Russian but I could only write in English. It was to darn hard to learn to write without a teacher so I just stuck with muttering German and Russian curse words. Ones that also annoyed the trainers.