Epilogue: Logan

This is very short...so...enjoy and look at my beautiful Logan...God I'm gonna miss her...🥲

A Few Months Later

A few months after our ordeal with Madame Masque and things had finally gone back to normal. Clint had managed to assist Barney in finding his family who were apparently kidnapped by a mafia boss that had it out for him and they were all happily reunited. Barney ended up introducing Clint and I to his wife Laura and his two kids, Lila who's sixteen and Cooper who's eighteen. They hadn't seen their father in a long time so Clint and I let them reconnected and told them to come by when they were ready. They were apparently coming back to the farm for Hannah's tenth birthday party which was today. It was winter in Iowa and the ground was full of snow but I still managed to convince every Avenger that wasn't busy to attend. It was a full house at the Barton residence and we had to use the barn since Sam and Bucky were there and Wanda arrived with Dr. Strange since they had been working together. Pepper and a now twenty yr old Morgan arrived along with Happy and Peter Parker. Carol Danvers showed up with Fury and Maria Hill as well as Thor and Bruce Banner who had transformed back into himself. Scott had made sure he could come and brought Cassie and Hope with him. Kate hasn't left the farm so she was there and my family definitely wasn't about to miss the party. Everyone that had a made an impact on Clint and I had bothered to arrive and it was bittersweet to be reunited. There was just so much going on that I barely managed to calm the crowd down enough to make a speech. 

"Everyone...everyone please be quiet," I shouted but they were still a tad bit too loud. "Hello...everyone!"

"Quiet!" Banner yelled and used his Hulk to be heard above the crowd. Everyone quieted down in seconds so I sent Banner a thank you before clearing my throat. 

"Hello," I began and a chorus of hellos followed. "Thank you all for coming and celebrating Hannah's tenth birthday with Clint and I. We both can't believe that she's already ten, it feels like yesterday she was born. That makes me feel so old and like life is passing me by too fast. But I'm glad that I got the chance to have Hannah and to fall in love with her father. It was a whirlwind romance for sure but one that was so totally worth it. So here's to Hannah and here's to all the great things that shell accomplish in life. To Hannah!"

The line was echoed throughout the barn and I smiled before taking a quick sip of my drink and moving back to Clint. He was talking with Laura, Barney's wife, as the said man and my kids hung out with each other. I rolled my eyes them before wrapping Clint in side hug. 

"That was lovely," Laura informed and I nodded in thanks. "Clint was telling me all about how the two of you met and became an item, it's really complicated story."

I let out a laugh knowing that was an understatement and Clint did the same as Laura raised a brow. 

"It took a lot to get here," I told her and smiled at all the people gathered.

People that were in that barn for Hannah and had made such an amazing impact on Clint and I. 

"What made you keep fighting for it get to better?" Laura inquired and I thought for second about my answer. 

"I don't know. I guess I just always knew it would one day. I could feel that I was getting closer to my happy ending everyday I spent with him," I informed and gave Clint a kiss as Laura smiled at us. 

"I'm glad to hear that. You're story is so beautiful and heartfelt. I'm glad you got your happy ending."

"We did," I assured and smiled. "We definitely got everything we wanted."

I wrapped Clint in a tight and thanked Laura before she walked back over to Barney who was being tackled by my kids. I rolled my eyes as Laura plucked Hannah off Barney's back before giving her husband a kiss. It was nice to see them happy, made me happy. I was just about to tell Clint that when Fury ran over to us, a frantic look on his face. 

"Clint, Logan. We need you in the field."

"Why?"

"Something about the Red League coming back or taking over a small country, I couldn't really understand them. But you two know the most about them so I need you. Scott and Sam have already agreed to tag along, can you leave tomorrow morning?"

I sighed before turning to Clint who was rubbing his nose in annoyance. 

"See...what did I tell you, I retire for five minutes and it all goes to shit," he muttered and I rolled my eyes before turning to Fury. 

"He's being dramatic. We're in. Besides, who needs retirement when you can do this." 

And for once...that statement was true. Even after all these years it was what Clint and I did best and you really couldn't say no to something so exciting.

And I mean come on...you really didn't see that coming?

I took all that time and all those chapters just to end this on a running gag...yep. I'm also very proud of that and I hope that you enjoyed reading this book and finding out about Logan and her many adventures with Clint. Those adventures are not over, even after this Epilogue they're still gonna save people...jokes on them for thinking they could retire.

Next will be the cast and then a vast collection of bonus features that will be published pretty soon. And then that's it...that's all she wrote and the books done. It's sad...it feels bittersweet but we've made it...welcome to the end and for the last time in this book...

Please enjoy responsibly,

Love,

A. Fink🥰🥰🥰