Chapter 41: The Chase

Jake POV

It is definetely going to be hard to find that house. At least I know how the outside of it looks. Kind of. I just know that it is west of the house where I was and kidnapped with Nicole. I need help. Katie and Ashley aren't willing to help me, they're working anyway. Ryan is dead. Who else do I have? Nicole. She is the only person I have left, but she is the one that needs help. Not the other way around. 

Now, I am randomly driving around town. Just trying to get some ideas and clues. Did their house have a forest by it? I don't think so. It was just deserted. It looked like an apartment building with only one apartment. In front of it was some kind of fenced place. It didn't have anything in it. It was just a vacant lot. Why would there be something special about that? Unless it has a name, I can't find it. I'll have to remember to ask a store owner or something. Someone who knows this area good.

Good luck, I thought to myself. Like anyone would remember a vacant lot. Maybe it used to be something though. Maybe a building was there. A dump. Anything. I groaned in frustration. I had a headache. Nicole is probably in more pain anyway, so I shouldn't feel sorry for myself. Well, I should feel sorry for myself because every second I spend in pain is more seconds Nicole has to spend in pain.

Should I just give up? I know they won't kill her. Sure, rape her, torture her, but they wouldn't kill her. They're not that coldhearted. They let me go, kept me alive. That has to count for something right? I sure hope so. 

I went to a gas station and asked the clerk if he knew about any fenced vacant lot. He shook his head and I bought some chips. I drove around town stopping at every gas station I saw, asking the same question and buying something after. Finally, someone told me about some old school that was burned down by some mystery fire decades ago. It didn't make sense, but he wrote directions for me. It was hours away.

I asked him if there were any houses by it and he said there was one, owned by the principal of the school. It was abandoned when the principal died and noone lives there now, so they think. I thanked the old man. The place probably wasn't even right. He was probably crazy. He looked like he was anyway.

I looked outside. It was getting dark, so I decided to hold this off until tomorrow. That way, I could get some weapons tomorrow from that house. I have a pistol of my own, but that's it. I need more if I want to live and get Nicole out of there.

I guess I have another mission. Getting weapons.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The Next Day (7:00 AM)

---------------------------------

I drove to Trey's house quickly, going 20 miles over the speed limit. I went through the whole house. They couldn't have made it anymore clearer where their weapons were. I didn't even know they had a basement. I found all kinds of weapons, but was fine with a pistol and 2 light guns. I would give Nicole a pistol as soon as I found her.

I spent only 15 minutes inside their house. Then, I made my way driving to the address the old man gave me yesterday.

3 Hours Later...

The vacant lot. It was the same as I remembered it from being here. I smiled widely. I am in the right place! I went up the house after parking about 200 yards away from it. They don't have to see my car, running back would be a different problem. I just hope Nicole isn't weak. Of course she is weak, I just hope she can run fast.

I was at the side of the house. I looked up to find a window. I don't know what room it is in, though. I started scaling the house slowly. The window wasn't very high so I was able to catch the ledge by jumping up from the fence. I hung on to the window and peered in by pulling myself up.