Chapter 71: Home Bound

Thor stood on top of the hill with Valkyrie beside him and the Guardian's ship waiting. Even though they had reversed the snap, something still seemed wrong. There seemed to be more of his people.

From the clouds appeared the Vanir Fleet and slowly hundreds of ships came into view from the skies. From the leading ship, a beam of light, something similar to the Bifrost, shown down to the empty grass behind Thor and Valkyrie and from the light came Sigyn and Vali.

"Greetings." chuckled Brunnhilde.

"Hello." she smiled in return.

Thor chuckled and slapped a heavy hand on Vali's shoulder and smiled behind his shades. "Uncle?" greeted Vali.

"Nephew?"

In the distance, a light beamed from one of the ships in the sky, beaming up Asgardians. And Thor sighed, "I'm glad we're doing this."

"I'm sorry, Thor." replied Sigyn. "I should have brought you all with me to Vanaheim when I became Queen. I thought you were happy here."

"No, no, I was... but now I'm leaving..."

"When can we expect you back?" asked Brunnhilde.

"Uh, about that..." Thor trailed off taking his shades off and earning a look from Sigyn, Vali and Brunnhilde.

"Thor." said Sigyn turning to face him. "You're people need you. You are they're King."

"Now, you are they're Queen. As it should have been."

Sigyn was taken back, "Are you certain you want to do this?"

Thor nodded confidently. "It's time for me to be who I am, rather than who I'm supposed be. But you, Sigyn, you are supposed to be queen. It's who you are."

"Then what will you do?"

"I'm not sure. For the first time in a thousand years I have no path." said Thor. "I do have a ride though."

"Move it, or lose it airbag." called Rocket and Sigyn chuckled.

"Brunnhilde, I've been meaning to say." said Sigyn.

"Yes?"

"I've been thinking, now that my army has returned to it's full, how would you like to be commander of The Valkyries?"

Brunnhilde's smile dropped, "What?"

"We'll train a new generation of girls and we'll breed new horses. And you will be the last and the first Valkyrie."

"Sigyn, this is... this is the greatest honour." Brunnhilde found herself short of breath. "My Queen."

"No need for such formalities. We are friends. And now Vali will be the new commander of our warriors." informed Sigyn and Vali saluted proudly.

"Then what would that make me?!" called a deep velvet voice. One Sigyn hadn't heard in over five years. She twisted on her heel and surely, there stood Loki wearing his black suit, standing tall and lean as always. It was like he had been incased, nothing about him had changed.

Thor, Brunnhilde and Vali all stood dumbfounded, unable to believe the sight before them

"Brother, how is this possible, I saw you die." Thor pointed short of breath. There stood his brother after watching him die at the hands of Thanos. This must be a trick he thought, so he threw his shades and they slapped Loki's chest and fell to the ground instead of fazing through him.

Loki looked down at the sunglasses with a look of amusement. "I'm right here, Thor." and his eyes trailed over Thor's physique, he wasn't tall and strong and muscled anymore. He had grown fat like they're father. "What in the Nine Realms happened to you, brother, You let yourself go."

Even thought he was speaking to Thor, his eyes where on Sigyn who was frozen under his stare. Her heart beat against her chest like it wanted to burst. "Loki...?" she managed to whisper as tears threatened to fall. "Is it really you?"

"It is." he assured. S

lowly, with one foot before the other, she broke free from the trance she was in and she broke into a sprint.

She collided with Loki embracing him tightly in her arms like she was afraid if she let go he might slip away from her and this would all be a dream

The Norns had kept there promise and given not only Loki back, but all the Asgardians. They didn't hesitate to collide their lips, kissing each other in a passionate brace, deprived of the others touch, they held each other as close as possible.

It made Brunnhilde smile and Vali look away in disgust and Thor who cried out and wanted to hug them both.

And finally they pulled away when they came short of breath.

"I've been waiting for you for five years." informed Loki. Sigyn cupped his cheek staring into the green eyes she missed so much.

"I love you."

"As do I. Always have, always will." he kissed the palm of her hand. "I told you the sun will shine on us again." he smiled looking into the sky where the sun shone brightly. Sigyn laughed stifling a cry and Loki tilted her chin upwards. "There is someone else."

Sigyn furrowed her eyebrows, "Who?"

Heimdall came over the hill wearing simple and humble clothes with dread locks. His eyes shining a bright cold against his dark skin.

"My Queen." he greeted with a deep voice.

"Heimdal?!"

Thor couldn't take much more. He ended up embracing Heimdall, Vali, Brunnhilde and Loki, squishing Sigyn between them all and Heimdall laughed happily hugged his friend back.

"Are you still going to leave?" asked Sigyn curious to know, now that he had Loki back too.

"I think it's best I do." Thor wiped the tears from his eyes. "I need to find myself."

"Find a gym." Loki murmured under his breath and Sigyn slapped his arm and he shrugged innocently. "Well, what happens now?"

"We go home."

==================

He's back!!!!!