Chapter 63: The Birds And Bees

"All right, the gloves ready." announced Rocket standing over a strange machine holding a gauntlet similar to Tony's Iron Man suits. "The question is who's gonna snap their freakin fingers?"

"I'll do it!" volunteered Thor and stepped forward towards the gauntlet. Sigyn quickly ran after him, "Thor, no!"

"No it's okay." he reached for the glove.

"No, no, no, no, hold on!" Tony, Steve and Clint blocked his path and stopped him from reaching the glove.

"Thor, just wait." said Steve. "We haven't decided who's gonna put it on yet."

"I'm sorry. What, were you just sitting around waiting for the right opportunity?" replied Thor tired.

"We should at least discuss it." suggested Scott.

"Look, us sitting here staring at that thing is not gonna bring everyone back." he motioned to the glove. "I'm the strongest Avenger, okay? So this responsibility falls upon me."

Sigyn stepped in front of Thor trying to push him, "No it doesn't..."

"It's my duty..."

"It's not that..."

"Stop it! Just let me!" Thor cried balling the front of Sigyn's leather. "Just let me do it. Let me do something good."

"You've done enough." she tried to pry his hand from her clothes. Tony stepped beside Sigyn and tried to explain,

"It's not just the fact that the glove is channeling enough energy to light up this continent, I'm telling you, you're in no condition."

"What do you think is coursing through my veins right now?" asked Thor.

"Cheez Whiz?" suggested Rhodey with an amused undertone.

Thor pointed a finger towards him, both as a warning and amusement. "Lightning."

"Yeah."

"Lightning won't help you, pal." announced Bruce approaching the glove. "It's gotta be me. You saw what those Stones did to Thanos. It almost killed him. None of you could survive."

"How do we know you will?" asked Steve concerned.

"We don't. But the radiation is mostly gamma. It's like... I was made for this."

"You forgot an important fact of my power." announced Sigyn and all eyes turned to her.

"What'd you mean?"

"I am a Fetterer. It's not who I am, it's what I am. I'm capable of channelling copious amounts of energy, I am able to amplify one's energy or completely subdue it." she explained crossing her arms. "I can help you take on that gloves energy."

"I don't know if that's a good idea." said Bruce.

"Bruce," she replied stepping forward. "It's like we were made for this."

"Are you sure about this?"

"Yes, Bruce. I'm more than capable, and plus, it'll enhance your survival."

Bruce nodded in agreement and sighed deeply. He picked up the glove with extra carefulness, cradling the small glove in his massive hands like a live bomb and everyone in the room held their breath.

"Good to go, yeah?" asked Tony.

"Let's do it."

"You remember Thanos snapped everyone away five years ago and we're just bringing them back to now, today. Don't change anything from the last five years."

Bruce nodded, "Got it." and he looked down at the glove in his hands and then to Sigyn who returned the nod.

The surrounding Avengers stood in protective stances ready for the snap, Scott and Rhodey's suits were already on, Rocket placed his goggles over his eyes and Thor stood in front of him to protect him. Tony activated his Iron Man suit and activated a shield for Clint to hide behind and Steve held his shield in front of him.

"Friday, do me a favour and activated protocol eight." said Tony.

"Yes, Boss." replied a computerised voice and the building closed itself up, every entry, every exit and every window, heavy duty metal shutters closed and sealed them inside.

"Everybody comes home." Bruce held his hand to the glove and allowed it to redesign itself to fit around his giant hand. Sigyn held a hand to Bruce's arm readying herself for the energy flow.

The moment the glove fixed itself around Bruce's hand the Stones activated and raw energy spurred up his right arm and forced him to his knee's in a fit of pain.

The unbelievable energy of the Stones transferred to Sigyn overflowing her with power. She had to place down both her hands on Bruce to keep the energy from pushing her away. She could feel the raw power surging threw her body like electricity, it was painful.

"Take it off, take it off!" shouted Thor.

"No wait, guys are you okay?!" Steve shouted back as the power of the Six Stones scoured up Bruce's arm, eating away at his flesh.

"Talk to me Banner!" demanded Tony.

Bruce screamed in pain trying to gain control of the Stones and managed to say, "I'm okay. I'm okay."

"Bruce, you have to do it now!" shouted Sigyn.

Bruce continued to scream in pain as he with all his strength and will brought up his hands forcing his fingers together and snapped, a bright white light exploded from the glove, temporarily blinding Sigyn before Brice collapsed to the ground. She threw herself to his side and slid off the glove and Clint kicked it away.

"Bruce!"

"Don't move him." ordered Steve.

Sigyn looked down at the terrible damage the stones caused his arm, much like Thanos, the flesh was burnt and eaten away.

"Watch out, Sig." said Tony and she backed away. He held his hand out over Bruce and a cold spray emitted from his suit sprayed over Bruce's injured arm, sealing the burn.

"Did it work?" asked Bruce.

"Worth a shot." replied Thor. "It's over, it's okay."

The shutters began to open around the building again allowing the sun light inside once more.

Scott wondered out of the lab looked hopelessly at the birds that flew around in the tree's in the greenhouse. Clint turned hearing his phone vibrating, he approached his phone to see the picture of his wife calling him. Tears swelled in his eyes and he answered the phone, "Honey."

A breath escaped Sigyn and she fell to her knee's feeling light headed. "Whoa there." Tony caught her. "You doing alright?"

"Yes, it always happens."

"A minor detail you forgot to mention."

Sigyn chuckled, "It worked."

The smile on Bruce's face faded as he peered up at the skylights and his eyes widened with horror. Without warning the building around them was blown to bits.

The building around Sigyn exploded and fell to pieces as everyone fell with the building. The floor beneath her broke and tilted and she slid across the floor as Bruce and Tony and the others fell in the opposite direction.

Sigyn slid into Clint's legs and he fell back onto her as debris flew over their heads. The floor collapsed underneath them and they fell into the Earth.