Chapter 6: The Horn of Jormungandr

The room shifted again and they where standing back in the display room. Sigyn looked around at all the ancient relics.

"It's this way." Strange led Sigyn through the displays towards a back wall where a mural was painted on a wooden story board. In front of it stood a display table where a horn sat perched on a stand.

 In front of it stood a display table where a horn sat perched on a stand

Strange stepped to the side and crossed his arms, watching. Sigyn approached the horn looking down at with awe.

The white curved horn with carvings of the World Serpent and runes sat mantled perfectly. Sigyn picked up the horn gently from it's mantle, it was roughly the size of her forearm. It had been worn down after centuries and smelt like the salty sea.

Strange shifted his weight to his other foot uncomfortable that the Asgardian picked up the relic

"How do you know it's authentic?" Sigyn asked curiously.

"Well, a group of teenagers broke into a temple in northern Sweden and blew it." Strange explained. "It caused an earthquake."

"That was no mere earthquake, Doctor Stephen Strange." Sigyn announced examining the horn, turning it in her hands. "This was carved from the tooth of Jormungandr himself, only a beast can be summoned with something that resonates with him. You have my thanks."

Sigyn went to turn but a hand caught her upper arm. She turned glaring at the hand that touched her and back up to the Doctor.

"I need to have your word that you don't intend to use it for evil purpose."

"Like I said before." Sigyn replied firmly. "I don't."

Strange took in a breath before letting it out. He was unsure if he was making the right decision. But he would rather hand over the horn than have an angry Asgardian in his sanctuary.

The horn dematerialised in Sigyn's hand and she began her march from the sanctuary. He tried to protest and followed after her. She marched down the flight of steps with the wizard hot on her heels.

"Are you leaving for Asgard now?"

"Yes." She skipped down the last few steps. "I will not be seeing you."

Before Sigyn could reach the front doors of the sanctum, a strange sound could be faintly heard. Sigyn came to a stop with Strange beside her, both looking around confused.

"Is this you?" She asked him.

"Is it you?" he replied with a question. The sound was a faint hum in the air, but Sigyn couldn't quiet figure out what it was. She pushed open the front doors and came out onto the street, the people yelped and backed away from the strange being. People walking their dogs, struggled to keep their animals calm at the strange sound in the skies.

It sounded like a horn blowing across the skies, shortly followed by a loud boom in the sky. The people screamed with fright and ducked for cover.

Sigyn stood frozen in her spot looking at the sky. She knew what those horns meant.

"Sigyn?" Strange asked curiously. "What is that?"

Sigyn's heart jumped from her chest, The Seer was right. The sound stopped for a moment, and Sigyn looked at the doctor, her blue eyes wide with fear and her mouth agape.

"Impossible...." Sigyn mumbled to herself.

Again, the sound of a horn rumbled across the skies even louder. Three seperate blows of the horn sounded in the skies across the Nine Realms. Asgard, Vanaheim, Jotunheim, Midgard, Nidavellir, Muspelheim, Hel, Svartalheim, and Alfheim. The seperate blows sounded, before it stopped.

"SKURGE! Open the Bifrost you great big moron!" Sigyn shouted with urgency into the sky.

"Sigyn!" Strange urged for an answer. "What is that sound?!"

Ignoring the wizard, nothing happened. Sigyn flailed her arms and turned back to Strange who stood inside the sanctum, waiting for something to happen. "Skurge, I swear when I get back Heimdall will be given his job back regardless of what Odin says!"

Strange furrowed his eyebrows confused, Odin was here...

"Skurge!" she groaned. "Oh, by the Norns..."

"Sigyn, what was that sound!" Strange demanded an answer.

The Asgardian turned her focus from the sky to the wizard and she softly said, "Ragnarok has begun."

Strange furrowed his eyebrows, fear struck his face. He had read the tales of Ragnarok, but would never had believed it... he wasn't sure he heard her right.

"I beg your pardon?"

Then, the sky rumbled and a light shown down. Sigyn let out a frustrated breath as the bifrost hit the ground and enveloped Sigyn and then she shot back into space and the bifrost was gone leaving runes behind.

Strange looked out to the sky before quickly shutting the doors with fear. He spun around, "Wong!" he called. If what Sigyn said was true, they may be in trouble. It all made sense to why she was in a hurry to retrieve that horn. He needed to research ways to keep Earth out of the events that would be to come if Ragnarok were to follow what was written and prophesied, If even half of it wasn't true.

Sigyn appeared from the turret back in the observatory, she stood glaring at Skurge who had two girls with him.

"Apologies, My Lady." Skurge pulled the sword from the control panel.

"I do not want to hear excuses!" Sigyn shouted. "It is your job as gatekeeper to open the bifrost when called upon."

"Y-yes, but— Skurge stuttered, turning red embarrassed in front of the girls. Sigyn scoffed, she could embarrass him all she wanted. She stormed angrily around the observatory and not the rainbow bridge.

"The All-Father has been waiting for your arrival!" Skurge called out after her.

"I'm aware!"

Ragnarok | Book 4On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara