Chapter 17 - Lets Go On a Date

Gray's POV

As I was walking back towards the guild with my team plus Gajeel, I listened to Natsu talking to Lucy in Happy's paws. I could understand what he was saying and Lucy would meow back in a response. It kinda looked like he lost his mind. I wondered how we would change them back, I miss my fights with Flame Brain. It just didn't feel like normal without our usual fights and Lucy ignoring us as she drank her strawberry milkshake at the bar.

When we arrived at the guild, I harshly threw the cage containing the two trouble makers onto a table. "Tell us how to change them back" Erza demanded. "We'll never tell you!" Taka shouted which was a bad move. Erza re-quipped a sword into her hand, "oh? If you won't tell us maybe we should skin you and use your fur as a rug" she threatened with a glare. Taka and Saiki shrieked in fear and backed up to the back of the cage. "Ok, ok, I know the spell to change them back just don't kill us please!" Saiki said in a panic. "I also expect you to never do this again or Fairy Tail will hunt you down. Am I understood?" Erza said. "Yes mam!" they exclaimed.

Happy put Lucy and Natsu down as Erza pulled Saiki out of the cage by the scruff of her neck. Erza took off the seal stone collar and Saiki transformed back into a human. She stepped in front of the kittens and chanted a spell in an ancient language. Pink and yellow smoke exploded from Natsu and Lucy and now I can barely see anything through the smoke. Suddenly Natsu appears behind me and pinned my arms behind my back while Lucy appeared in front of me and punched me hard in the gut. "Argh!" I exclaimed as I bend over in pain. "That's for reading my novel" Lucy said, "and for teasing me" Natsu added before releasing me. Damn Lucy has a strong punch.

The smoke finally dispersed and I noticed both of them were completely naked. I felt a blush heat up my cheeks as I stared at Lucy's body. Lucy screamed and dropped to the floor to hide her body. "Don't look!" Natsu growled at all the men as he tried to cover Lucy with his own body. Mira and Levy ran over to them with white sheets and quickly covered them up.

Saiki grabbed Taka's cage was about to exit the guild when the Rune Knights blocked their path and arrested them. 'When did the Rune Knights get here?' I wondered. "I contacted them" Gramps said to everyone's confused expression. "They need to finish their time before they can live freely" he added. Everyone nodded in understanding and went back to what they were doing.

"Follow me Lu, you can get changed in the infirmary. You too Natsu" Levy said. "In the same room at the same time?" Natsu asked eagerly. Lucy smacked the back of his head. "No" she said and Natsu became disappointed. I watched them as they followed Levy all the way to the infirmary.

"Is your stomach ok, Gray?" Wendy asked me and I just realised that I've been rubbing my sore stomach where Lucy punched me. "Yeah I'm ok. Lucy just punched me for reading her novel the other day" I replied. Suddenly Juvia popped up in front of me with a killing intent which I could tell wasn't directed towards me. "Love Rival hurt my beloved. I will kill Love Rival" she said with bloodlust. "You don't need to do-" I said but before I could finish my sentence, she began stomping towards where Lucy was. I needed to do something before she really kills Lucy and an idea popped into my head.

I reacted to the idea and grasped Juvia's hand. She turned around and looked down at our joined hands. "Lets go on a date" I said and her bloodlust instantly disappears. She squealed in delight, "Gray my darling, I would love to go on a date with you" she said as she wrapped her arms around my arm. "Woo cool down the heat you two love birds" Macao shouted and I blushed in embarrassment. "Shut up you old man!" I shouted back at him.

"Come on darling, I have the whole date planned" Juvia said as she dragged me towards the guild doors. "How long have you been planning this?" I asked her as I tried to keep up with her. "Since the day we met" she replied as she turned to smile at me. I felt my cheeks heat up which is weird for an ice wizard like me. 'Her smile is so cute' I thought.

To start off our date, we sat in Magnolia Southgate Park eating some ice cream while we talked and laughed. Afterwards, we walked through a market and I bought Juvia a pretty waterdrop necklace with a snowflake inside. It was like a perfect mix of our magic. I felt my heart skipped a beat when she said she would treasure it forever. After that, we wandered around for a while, enjoying each other's company. Realising that I lost track of time and that the sun is setting, I offered to walk Juvia back to Fairy Hills. Surprisingly I had a great time.

"Thank you for the date. I really enjoyed spending time with you" Juvia said once we were at the door of Fairy Hills. "I enjoyed spending time with you too" I said, trying to act cool. I would really like to do this again and before I could stop myself, I spoke. "I wouldn't mind doing this again sometime" I said. 'Stupid, now you sound desperate' I mentally facepalmed myself. She squealed, "I'll start planning for the next one! I can't believe my beloved Gray asked me on a date twice! This is like a dream come true!" she said excitedly. "Well ah, goodnight" I said and walked away before I could say something stupid again. I waved without looking back at her. "Goodnight darling!" I heard her say before she closed the door. I couldn't stop the smile from growing on my face. I was excited for our next date.