Chapter 10 - Damn this kitten body!

We were back at the guild and I was sitting next to Lucy on the bar counter when Gray decided to annoy me by poking me. I would swat, kick or bite his every attempt but it didn't affect him. 'Damn this kitten body if only I could use my magic!' I thought and then he poked me right on the nose. An itch crawled up into my nose and I felt a sneeze coming. "Ah...ah...achoo!" I sneezed with my eyes tightly shut.

For some reason, I heard Gray exclaim in surprise and slight pain? When I opened my eyes, I saw Gray slightly burnt with a shocked expression on his face. I wondered what happened to him and turned my head towards Lucy. To my surprise, she also had a shocked expression and her jaw was dropped slightly. She looked cute with that expression.  "What?" I asked, curious on why she was making that face. "Natsu, do you know what you just did?" she asked, "what did I do?" I asked. The anticipation was killing me, what the hell did I do? "You used...your magic" she replied and I became shocked.

"Did I really use my magic?" I asked myself as I looked down at my paws. I had an idea to double check and aimed myself at Gray. He seemed to know what I was going to do because he made some distance between me and him. "Fire Dragon Roar!" I chanted in his direction and flames came out of my mouth. It was only a tiny flame which unfortunately didn't hit him but I was extremely happy to know I could use my magic.

"Lucy, you have a go" I said as I turned to her. I hoped she could use her magic as well. "Alright. Open! Gate of the Lion! Loke!" she chanted and a small golden light appeared beside her. Loke appeared beside her but...he was a lion cub! He was twice the size of me and Lucy. "What the..." Loke commented as he looked at his body then he looked at Lucy. "Looking as beautiful as ever Lucy even as a cute kitten" he said as he sat too close to her. I hissed at him and shoved myself between them, knocking Loke aside. 'Sometimes I really hate him' I thought as I glared at him.

"It seems the spell cast on us affects our magic too" Lucy said in thought ignoring his flirting attempt. "And it seems you don't need your keys to summon us. Try summoning someone else" Loke suggested. "Alright. Open! Gate of the Golden Bull! Taurus!" Lucy chanted but nothing happened. "Maybe it only works on me because I'm a cat-like spirit" Loke said in thought.

"When did another cat pop up?" Gray asked as he came over and looked at Loke. "I'm 100% sure that's a lion cub...wait a moment! Is that you Loke?" Levy said as she came over. Loke let out a mini roar as a response. "That means you have your magic Lu!" Levy excitedly said as she picked Lucy up. "Yeah, so does Flame Brain. He tried to roast me earlier but he could only let out a flame big enough to roast a marshmallow" Gray teased as he pinched my cheek. I glared at him before making him let go by blowing some flames onto his hand. 'It feels so good to have my magic back' I thought with a smirk on my face as I look up at Gray glaring at me, holding his burnt hand.

Suddenly I heard a loud purring noise and turned to see Loke being petted by a few girls in the guild. "I'm in heaven" he purred with a bright grin on his face and hearts in his eyes. Lucy and I couldn't help but roll our eyes. "Back you go" Lucy said as she forced his gate closed. "Awe" Loke grumbled before he disappeared back into his own world. The girls who were petting him sighed and went back to what they were doing. Now Lucy and I were by ourselves on the counter.

"So, what should we do n-?" I stopped talking when a shadow covered us. Before I could react, something snatched Lucy up. "Lucy!" I exclaimed as I whipped my head to the thing that grabbed her and noticed it was a bird but not just any bird. It was Taka's hawk! "Give her back!" I shouted at it but the hawk flew out of the guild doors. "Was that hawk holding Lucy?!" Mira exclaimed, apparently the whole guild saw the hawk flying away with Lucy.

"After it!" Levy commanded and the whole guild ran after the hawk. I was about to jump down the counter to join the chase when someone picked me up. "You owe me for this" a gruff voice said as the person put me on his shoulder. I saw it was Gajeel who picked me up. "Hold on" he said as he went into a sprint. 'Why are you helping me?' I wondered as I gave him a confused, tilted head expression. He seemed to understand what I was asking, "you need my Dragon Slayer nose to sniff the hawk and Bunny Girl out" he said. Now I understood why he was helping me.

Before I knew it, I could see the hawk in the distance and we were slowly catching up to it. "Told you, you need me. Seems like everyone else lost track of the hawk" Gajeel said. Once we were close enough, Gajeel changed his arm into his iron club and extended it quickly towards the hawk, hitting its body. The hawk spun out of control as it plunged towards the ground. As soon as it crash landed, Lucy fell out of its grasp.

I quickly climbed down from Gajeel's shoulder and ran to her. When she saw me, she ran towards me but I noticed she had a slight limp with her front paw. I guessed she sprained it when she crash landed with the hawk. "Are you alright?" I asked as I nuzzled her, "yeah, it's just a sprain" she replied, nuzzling me back. "Come on, Shrimp and the others are waiting for Bunny Girl" Gajeel said picking us both up.

He carried us to the guild and everyone crowded around us to check if Lucy is unharmed. "She has a limp" he told Levy as he handed Lucy to her. He put me on the ground before he walked out of the guild. I followed Levy to the infirmary with Wendy not far behind us.