Chapter 6 - Cute Natsu

As we headed back home, I was a tad disappointed that Millianna couldn't help with our kitten situation this time. I wondered how Lucy and I would turn back to normal. While I was thinking we arrived at the train station to take a train back to Magnolia. "Not again" I complained as I glared at the train. "Natsu doesn't look too happy about the train ride home" Wendy said. "I don't care about how he feels about the train as long as he keeps away from me" Gray said. "You just don't want Natsu to puke on you again" Happy snickered. "That and I hate his guts" Gray replied, "the feeling is mutual" I meowed. "The train is about to leave so we better get on" Erza said and we followed her onto the train.

On the train, Lucy and I sat on the seat between Wendy and Happy. Carla sat on Wendy's lap while Erza and Gray sat on the seat across from us. As soon as the train moved, my stomach started doing somersaults. "Urg!" I groaned as I laid flat on my stomach. Lucy sat closer to me and stroked my back with her paw. "Thanks...urg...Lucy" I said weakly.

When we got to Magnolia, Lucy and I were in Wendy's arms as the group walked through the streets towards Fairy Tail when Erza spoke up. "Since Natsu and Lucy will be stuck this way for a while longer, I suggest we go on a job for her rent" she said. "I'm up for that" Gray replied. "I totally forgot that I can't pay my rent in this form!" Lucy said stressing out. "Don't worry, everyone will make sure you don't lose your apartment" I said to comfort her. "Thanks Natsu" she said with a smile. I turned my head away, "where else am I going to crash and steal food" I muttered. A paw hit the back of my head, "I heard that" she said sternly.

Soon we reached Fairy Tail and Mira walked up to us. "Welcome back you guys, I see you couldn't turn Lucy and Natsu back to normal" she greeted. "Apparently the spell used on Lucy and Natsu is different from the last time" Erza told her. "Oh dear that's too bad. May I borrow Natsu and Lucy?" Mira asked. Something about Mira's sweet smile is giving me the shivers. "Sure, we need to pick up a job anyway" Wendy replied and handed Lucy and me over to Mira.

Erza, Gray, Wendy, Carla and Happy walked towards the request board while Mira took Lucy and me to the bar. She placed us on the counter and then Lisanna and Levy came over. "Got the stuff girls?" Levy asked, "got them right here!" Lisanna replied as she lifts up the bag in her hand. I was starting to get worried about the glint in their eyes. "What are they planning?" Lucy asked, "I have no idea" I replied as I took a step back. Their hands reached down at us and we lowered our bodies down to the counter.

At the end of all the touching and prodding, they let us go and I noticed something red around my neck. I circled around trying to see what they put on me. After about three spins, I gave up and looked at Lucy. The girls put a blue bow around her neck and then something clicked in my brain. "Don't tell me!" I exclaimed and Lucy giggled. I was finally able to turned my head to see a big red bow around my neck. "You look so cute Natsu" Lucy said, "but I don't want to be cute!" I complained with a pout.

I heard a deep laugh from above me and saw Gray had come over to laugh at me. "That's hilarious!" he laughed. I hissed at him but he continued to laugh. "It's hard to take you seriously with a girly bow on you" he laughed. "Don't be mean Gray. He looks adorable" Lisanna said. I don't want to look adorable. Handsome and manly, yes, but not adorable.

"I had enough!" I shouted and tried to claw off the ribbon on my neck. When that didn't work, I tried to grab the loose end with my teeth but that didn't work either. I heard Lucy giggle, "let me help you" she said and pulled the loose end with her teeth. After she fully undid the bow, I picked up the ribbon in my mouth and dropped it off the counter. "Awe Natsu, that looked good on you" Mira said disappointed as she picked up the ribbon. I quickly ran behind Lucy before she could try to put it back on me. "Lets leave the bow off him" Lisanna told the girls and they nodded in agreement.

Erza came over to us with a job request in her hand with Wendy, Carla and Happy following behind her. "We're taking this job" Erza told Mira as she showed her the request. "Great, have fun" Mira replied as Gray picked up Lucy and me. As the group walked out of the guild, I squirmed in his hand. "Flame Brain, if you keep struggling, I will freeze you in an ice cube" Gray threatened. In retaliation, I bit his hand, "ow!" he exclaimed and he dropped me. Luckily for me, Happy caught me before I hit the floor.

"Be careful Gray" Wendy complained, "he's the one who bit me" he replied as he put Lucy on his shoulder. "My Lucy!" I hissed at Gray and Lucy looked down at me from his shoulder. "Relax Natsu, Gray's not going to take me away" she meowed. I huffed, "if he does anything to hurt you, I will not hesitate to claw his eyes out" I threatened. "I know you would" Lucy sighed and then gave me a smile.

Before I even know it, we were at Magnolia train station. "No! Not the train again!" I exclaimed. "Ow! Ow! Ow! Natsu you're clawing me" Happy exclaimed and I noticed I was digging my claws into him. "Sorry Happy" I meowed to him as I loosen my claws. "When we get there, we will be staying at a hotel and meet the client tomorrow morning" Erza said as everyone walked into the train.