I Promise.

Chapter 34
  "What the hell is taking Natasha so long?" I ask Pepper who's sitting with me at Tony's bar. As soon as I ask the question, we hear the door swing open.
  "Well speak of the devil!" Pepper exclaims. "Where have you been?" She asks.
  "Had to make a pit stop. Care to help me take the stuff out of the car, Steve?" Natasha asks. It seems so shady, but I couldn't help but say yes. Maybe she actually needed help. She grabs my hand and guides me to the front yard.
  "Jesus, Nat. You're dragging me like a five year o-" I stop myself. The car. His car. Bucky's car. I feel my legs become weak, and I immediately drop to knees. The tears start to fall down my face and I feel Natasha bend down next to me. I then hear three car doors open and then immediately slam shut, and hear grass crinkle under feet.
  "Steve!" Bucky calls out, throwing himself at me, resulting in me falling into the grass. At this point, the whole group is outside.
  "What are you doing here?" I say between sniffles.
  "Good to see you too!" He laughs, pulling me into a kiss. A kiss that eventually turns into twenty.
  "I missed you so much. Too much." I say into his chest.
  "That's good, because I brought you something on my little trip." Bucky responds.
  "Can I have it?" I ask. He never really gets anything for me on my trip, so I'm intrigued.
  "Stand up and close your eyes, Steve." He told me. I immediately obeyed and stood up and closed my eyes. My heart is pounding. I hate surprises and being the center of attention, but for some reason I don't really mind it right now. I haven't seen him in so long that I'd do anything for him at this moment.
  "Can I open them now?" I ask.
   "Yep!"
  With that I opened my eyes, and I wasn't really prepared for what I was going to see. Bucky was kneeling on the ground in front of me, ring in his hand.
  "Buck-" I began to say.
  "My whole life I've been with you and I can't imagine a world without you," Bucky began. "Steven Grant Rogers, would you do the honor of marrying me?" I felt the tears start to trickle down my face again.
  "Y-yes. Yes!" I say through my sobs. Bucky pulls the ring onto my finger, the ring that belonged to my father when he was younger. The ring I've always wanted, and the ring that now will always be mine.
  "I'll stay with you forever Steve." He whispers into my ear.
  "You promise?"
  "I promise."
————————————————————
Thank you so so much for reading! I'm so sorry if the last chapters feel rushed, I never really was sure how to end this fic and I also wasn't sure how to keep it going! Thank you so much for reading! ❤️❤️❤️