Fever Dreams.

Chapter 21
11/30/2001
Now, today is Friday. We were all supposed to get together at Tony's today, but there's been a little bump in the road. Instead of us going to Tony's like we all planned, I'm taking care of Bucky at home. He's been throwing up all evening and now he's running a fever. Mrs. Barnes took care of him during the day, but I decided to take him off her hands once I came home from school. He's taken care of me a lot when I was sick, so I figured it was my turn to repay him. Besides, he rarely gets sick anyways. Also besides the fact that he's puking everywhere, he got a haircut on Wednesday evening. I'm missing the long hair, but the short hair is just as good. Anyways, back to the subject. He's been fucking vomiting everywhere and now I'm praying he doesn't have the flu. I have a weak immune system as is, and I really can't get sick. I'm just hoping this is a little bug. We all agreed to bring him to the doctor tomorrow morning.
My writing was interrupted by the sound of Bucky running out of his bed to the bathroom. I'm not even sure if he's actually vomiting at this point. I don't think that he has anything else left to come up. I tossed my journal on the bed and headed to him.
"You alright?" I asked, leaning on the doorframe. I got a grunt as a reply.
"You want some water?" He nodded his head yes at this question. I headed downstairs to grab him a glass of water.
"Is he feeling any better?" Mrs. Barnes asked.
"Not really. He's still throwing up. It's now every 30 minutes though. That's a bit of progress." I answered. She wished me the best of luck, and I was back upstairs. Bucky now moved himself from the bathroom, to back onto his bed. I put the cup of water on his nightstand.
"Do you feel any better?" I asked. He just shrugged his shoulders. After he took a sip of his drink, he gave me a verbal answer.
"It feels like my insides are on fire." He moaned.
"Is that a no?" I asked. He chuckled a little bit.
"I think it is." He leaned back onto the bed with his legs still hanging over.
"You're really pale, babe." I told him. I was really good at stating the obvious.
"Probably because I've been puking all day." He said while sighing.
My phone vibrated on the nightstand and I went to grab it. It was a text from Bruce.
[Hulk 8:23 PM] We miss you guys!!! We hope all is well!
Bruce's nickname is the Hulk because he used to be the largest of us. That slowly changed once Thor hit puberty.
[Steve 8:23 PM] if well is throwing up all over my carpet and ruining it, then it's going great :) We miss you guys too
[Hulk 8:24 PM] Damn. I'm sorry. I hope he gets better. I tried to text him but he never answered.
[Steve 8:24 PM] It's really sweet of you to check in. I'll definitely tell him. I love you guys <3
[Hulk 8:24 PM] We love you too! <3
I went to put my phone down, but then I got another text.
[Iron Man 8:25 PM] suck his dick.
It caught me so off guard, that I dropped my phone and gasped. Bucky then grabbed it off the ground, and saw the text on the screen. He then took it upon himself to text Tony through my phone.
[Steve 8:25 PM] No thanks. I don't want to vomit when he's going down on me. We can save that for another day <3 ~ yours truly
[Iron Man 8:25 PM] I'm gonna swallow bleach.
[Steve 8:25 PM] you brought it up.
Bucky handed me my phone back with the dirtiest little smile.
"I'm so scared to see what you just sent him." I said. I looked on my phone to see his response. It probably should've bothered me a lot more than, but the thought of that happening didn't exactly upset me. I set my phone back down on the nightstand. I flopped down on my bed. I don't even care anymore. I'm just gonna say it. I really wish I could fucking jack off right now. I felt myself breathing heavy, in the non asthmatic way.
"You alright over there?" Bucky asked. I just groaned. He really has no business being so attractive. Especially with his new haircut. "I'm supposed to be the sick one." He laughed.
"Just give me a minute." I said. I needed to calm myself down.
"Can I tell you something." Bucky said. His voice was so extremely deep.
"What's up?" I asked.
"I miss showering with you." He admitted. I'm not exactly sure if it was the fever getting to him, but god damn I think I just died and went to heaven.
When Bucky and I were way younger, probably about seven, we would shower and bathe together. My mom would watch him while his parents were at work. It was always easier on her this way. The last time we showered with each other was probably when we were 12, and that was by choice. We thought wanting to do that was normal. Boy, were we wrong.
"Why did we ever stop?" I teased. I'm finally getting comfortable enough with him to tease him like this.
"Got too old. Would've been weird if we kept doing it and saying we were just 'best friends'." He explained.
"Well I mean that titles changed, hasn't it?"
"Well fuck me." Bucky groaned into his arm.
"Been trying." I said back.
"Well look at you go. You sure are in a mood." Bucky said laughing.
"Am I coming on too strong?" I asked, suddenly self conscious. He laughed again.
"Trust me, if I wasn't vomiting everywhere I would've been over there so fast." He said. Somehow, this got me even more excited.
"I'm saying this with utmost respect," I began to say, "you are literally so fucking hot, Buck."
"Ughh, why do you do this to me?" He shoved his head into his pillow.
"What, say the truth?"
"My heart is racing, Rogers. I'm not sure if that's the sickness, or because you totally just did ungodly things to me."
"Probably both." I joked.
"I have a thing for collarbones." Bucky said, seriously. I wasn't sure what he wanted me to say to this. I guess it was nice to know?
"And?" I asked.
"You have nice collarbones, Steve." I now understood what he meant. "You don't know what I'd do to you right now if I wasn't sick." This sent chills down my spine. What the fuck is he trying to do to me. "I love seeing you without your shirt on, you know that. That's the best part of getting to go to sleep." Is he trying to test me?
"I think the fever is getting to your head, Buck. Lie down." I told him. These aren't things he'd normally say.
"Fuck, and your adam's apple. It drives me insane." He really needed to lie down. I felt his forehead. It was burning up.
"Lay down, Buck. You're hot."
"You told me that already." He teased. I audibly sighed.
"Not like that, Buck. Your fever is high. Put this under your tongue." I put the thermometer under his tongue.
"There's a lot I could do with my tongue, Rogers." I really want to kill myself at this point. He has to be thinking this isn't real. The thermometer beeped and I took it out of his mouth.
"101.4." I said aloud. I set down the thermometer, and went to the bathroom and put a small towel under cold water. This should help bring down his fever. I came back and put the towel on his forehead.
"Please try and rest, Buck." I told him. I was hoping he'd catch my drift, because I was worn out.
"I'll try. Thanks, Stevie." He said, smiling. I guess he really did catch my drift. I pulled the blankets over him. I then went in my own bed and turned off the lamp.
"Sleep well, Bucky. I love you." I said to him.
"I love you, too."