Chapter Fourteen

Niall's P.O.V.

Getting take-out is single handily the best feeling in the world. As the Nando's server hands you to bag, you can feel the warmth of the food beneath your hands. They always give it to you with a smile and it just makes you happy. The worst part about take-out, is the drive home. You can smell it and it's just raping your senses...but you can't eat it! No, no, no, no, no! You must save it for your girlfriend. And as you walk up the steps your mouth is literally having an orgasm...okay inappropriate...sorry. Anyways and then you step through the door and the only thing you want to do is open up that little bag that contains a little box, and finally...you've got your food. Not only is the food incredible, the feeling is just the best. You know that someone else made this food, but you took the time out of your busy day to go get it. It's quite the accomplishing feeling. 

Today was different. 

"What do you want to eat?" I asked, my stomach basically eating me out. Okay that sounded inappropriate again...don't take it that way...please.

"I'm not really hungry..." Olivia told me. You know those cheesy movie gasps? Yeah that's what I did. Except I wasn't joking or anything.

"B-but you haven't eaten since...lunch." I said. "It's been four bloody hours! You have to be hungry!" I said. Olivia rolled her head in my direction away from the television.

"I just don't want to eat all the time." She told me. I swear. I was about to strangle a pillow. That's just...like not okay. You can't not want to eat! Food is like heaven. I even semi-enjoyed Vegemite when I tried it in Australia. Okay no, it was disgusting. Like my taste buds were being felt up by a creepy homeless man. But I still enjoyed the toast! Food is the one thing in the world than can literally never be replaced. 

"Well then I'm getting my own food." I concluded before my head exploded. I quickly snatched up my keys from the kitchen counter and didn't give Olivia another glance until I was skipping down the stairs. 

From the moment you enter Nando's to the moment you exit, it's like sexual frustration. You want to eat the food, but it's not yours! You've got to wait your turn. You just need it to be inside you or you are going to explode. Damn, I'm sounding sexual today. 

The girl in front of me had long dirty-blond hair. She was scanning the take-out menu. As if she didn't already know what she wanted?! Unbelievable, right?

"You might want the Peri Peri Chicken. It's a classic." I said in her ear. She turned and smiled. She had a nice smile. 

"Thanks. Yeah I'm new here." She said. I noted the American accent. Ooh...a foreigner. "Okay then Peri Peri Chicken it is!" She decided. She ordered her food and then...it was my turn. After I ordered literally, and I'm not kidding here, half the menu, I sat in my usual booth in the corner of the building. The girl was sitting at the table and chairs diagonal to me. She caught my eyes and I smiled and did that cool, hipster little 'three-fingered' wave. She blushed. Why did she blush? I waved.

Oh yes. I'm in an international boy band. I forgot.

Finally the girl stood up from her chair and sat in the booth seat across from me. She weakly smiled.

"Okay since you've been super nice to me, I'm going to consider you the first person I met since I got off the plane this morning." The girl said. I just laughed. She held out a hand. "Lucy." She said. I shook it. 

"Niall." I waited for the recognition, the freak-outs, the amazing moment when she realizes I'm super famous.

"Nice to meet you." She said instead. Wait...she doesn't know who I am? What a relief. She sighed heavily. "I'm literally starving!" She said. I laughed a little. "Did you know they won't let you take your own food on the flight? I haggled with the airport security for like twenty minutes. I mean...it's my goldfish! I deserve it!" Lucy said, laughing at her own misfortune. Her laugh is actually really cute. Did I just say that? Don't tell Olivia... "I mean that cheap airline food is shit. I haven't eaten in like four flacking hours." She said, exaggerating the last three words.