Chapter Eleven

Louis' P.O.V.

***One Week Later***

I was minding my business, sitting alone in my flat when the door burst open. A raging Olivia stood before me, mascara running down her cheeks.

"I PUT OUT FOR HIM AND HE DOESN'T CALL ME BACK?!" She shrieked. I tried to talk but she bunched up my collar and put her face right up in front of mine. Her expression softened. "Please help me, Lou." 

"B-but...Eleanor." I stated. Olivia pressed her forehead to mine. She looked deep into my eyes.

"Please, BooBear." She whispered. "I thought we were friends." I rolled my eyes.

"Fine."

***

We continued this system for six months. That's right, six whole months. She would stumble into my flat or meet me at the studio and pull me into a closet or a bathroom. She's very demanding. I helped her though. She started to feel better. Well at least that's what she told me. Every few weeks she would have a new problem and be heartbroken. She never finds the right guy. And she needs to find one. I just hope it's soon. 

I never told Eleanor about this. I always made up excuses when Olivia would need me. I try not to think of it as cheating. I'm just helping a friend. That can't count as cheating. I don't get much pleasure from it. We I mean I'd be lying if I said I didn't...

Every time Olivia would come over I try to console her out of sleeping with me. I would try and get her to talk through it instead of demanding me to take off my pants. However I can never say no to that face. She's my best friend. I would jump off a bridge to save her ass. We have a bond no one can replace. And when it comes down to it, I would do anything for her.

Even if it means taking her mind of her exes.

***

The dinner was nice, romantic and sweet. I had been planning this for weeks. Eleanor sat across me, dressed in a beautiful black dress. It hugged her body perfectly and I couldn't take my eyes off her. Her hair was perfectly curled, she wasn't wearing too much makeup, and she just looked perfect.

But something seemed to be bothering her.

"Babe, you okay?" I asked after our food had been delivered. Eleanor met my eyes and weakly smiled. 

"I-I'm fine." She mumbled. I placed my hand on top of hers. I looked deep into her eyes.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" I said in a serious tone.

"I can't tell you this though." She said, emotion tugging at her voice. My heart began to race, I don't know what she meant. My throat began to close. What is she talking about? What can't she tell me?

"Eleanor...what's going on?" I asked quietly. She didn't meet my eyes. She looked away and tried to force back tears. I could tell she was in pain. "Eleanor, baby, tell me." I begged. She met my eyes just as a little tear streamed down her cheek.

"I'm not in love with you anymore."

I broke. 

Every ounce of me hurt. I feel like I was being run over by a truck. My heart was pounding so loud I could hear it in my ears. I could feel my throat closing in, causing my breaths to be irregular. Every muscle in my body gave out and I felt as though I was going to slip through my chair and result in a little Louis-Puddle beneath the table. Tears stung my eyes but I was too shocked to let them fall. It seemed like the world moved in slow motion, everything else was still. I pulled my hand back from hers and as I did it seemed to take forever. Eleanor began talking again but I couldn't hear her. It sounded like she was talking from the end of a tunnel. Her voice was distant.