Chapter Nineteen

Olivia's P.O.V.

As I entered Louis' flat I noticed Harry was sitting on the couch, mindlessly watching television. I closed the door behind me and the noise caused Harry to look up and meet my eyes.

"Hey, is Lou here?" I asked, setting my things on the table in the foyer. 

"No he's not. He's out." Harry informed me. I sighed and plopped onto the couch next to Harry. He weakly smiled at me. Anyone could tell we were both having a sucky day.

"You okay?" I asked. Harry shook his head.

"No...I hate the media." He growled. I laid my head back on the couch cushion. Harry's eyes darkened and he continued. "They want me to be a man whore. They really do. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of being called a player. I'm not a player. I'm not." He said. I nodded.

"You aren't a player. In your last relationship you were with her for seven weeks when we all thought you would be done after one." I reminded him. Harry rolled his eyes and clicked off the television.

"I just hate how they portray me. They make me seem evil and heartless. I've cared about everyone I've been with. They can't ever say I don't care. That's a lie." Harry said. I nodded again.

"They want you to be the bad guy. And you're not. They're stupid and like to make up rumors." I told him. "The people close to you know who you really are and that's all that matters." 

"Yeah but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt." Harry turned and faced me, his sad green eyes digging into my skin. I gently patted his hand. 

"Everything will be fine. You have people who love you, Harry. Don't let the media turn you into something that you're not. You are wonderful person and you treat every girl like an absolute queen. You have the nicest personality out of anyone I know. Harry don't let them get you down because you just need to know you're amazing. You are a terrific friend. Just think about what you have and not about what people say you are. We know who you are. Nothing could make your friends and family stop loving you." I took in a breath as I finished my speech. Harry smiled.

"Thanks Olivia." He mumbled, only half-convinced. There was a few beats of silence. Then Harry continued. "How are you?" He asked me. I sighed.

"Fine...I guess." I thought about it for a minute. "No...actually I'm not fine. I'm not fine at all." I told Harry honestly. I went on. "I feel like any time I get close to someone they end up pushing me away." I said. 

"What do you mean?" Harry asked. I sighed.

"When I was with Chris he ended up cheating on me. Then all my other boyfriends since Chris have dumped me. Niall and I grew apart because of me. And then Louis. Louis, of all people, has been feeling strange around me. I'm afraid I'm losing everyone close to me." I confessed. I left out the part about Chris and I getting back together...no need to add that in. 

"You aren't pushing anyone away. Tons of people love you, Olivia." Harry told me sympathetically. Tears threatened to push forward but I blinked them back. 

"It's just now, more than ever, I've noticed people leaving me. It started with my father and then now it's happening to all the people around me that I care deeply about. I don't know what I'm doing or what I've done. I just feel like every one is starting to realize that I'm some kind of freak and don't want anything to do with me." I explained, staring at an invisible spot on the wall. Harry put his arm around my neck and pulled me into a semi-hug.

"That's not true. We all love you, Olivia." He said. I rolled my eyes but Harry couldn't see it. "Chris was a douche bag. All your boyfriends are douche bags. Niall and you just weren't meant to be, and you two are still good friends. Louis is just...conflicted. He doesn't understand what's going on anymore. He punched his bedroom wall the other day." My eyes widened and I sat up, staring at Harry.