Chapter Twenty

Oh my God. Last chapter. Also. Oh my God. 10,000 reads. It's official. I love every single one of you. Well it's not really official since I've always loved you. Okay anyways sorry for this just wanted to put that out there c: Okay so FINALCHAPTERHEREYOUGO!

Olivia's P.O.V.

I woke up the next morning to a strange smell. Something burning? Oh God. What is on fire. Then the aroma of bacon filled my room. B-bacon...? Who's cooking?! I leaped out of bed and brought open my door. I made my way to the kitchen quietly. Who has a key? I found Chris standing there, a full business suit on, hovering over a pan on my kitchen stove.

"Chris what are you doing here." I said sternly. I didn't give him back his key! My voice caused Chris to turn and smile. He walked over and placed a kiss on my cheek.

"Making breakfast, babe." He said with a smile. I rolled my eyes. This isn't right.

"How did you get in here?" I then asked. Chris had returned to his bacon by now.

"Oh I didn't leave. Crashed on the couch. Would have joined you but I didn't want to wake my sleeping angel." Chris said lovingly. I'm supposed to be flattered right? I'm supposed to blush and thank him. I'm supposed to eat his bacon and his eggs and have normal conversations. I'm supposed to see him off to work. I'm supposed to clean the house and wait for him to come home. I'm supposed to be happy that he's here. 

Except I'm disgusted.

Why? I don't know why. So don't ask.

"Chris that's not okay." I forced myself to say. He frowned as he looked up at me.

"Making you breakfast? Do you not like bacon? Oh was it bacon or sausage that you don't like. Oh shit...it's been too long." He said clicking his tongue. I just shook my head.

"Staying over without my permission. That's not okay." I clarified. He frowned again. 

"I thought we were returning to normal, Olivia." Chris said, clicking off the stove and making his way back over to me. "I thought you liked being woken up with food." He said with a smile and a twinkle in his eye. I removed my eyes from his attempting not to get lost in the green-blue mystery they hold.

"I just realized...this isn't normal. None of this is normal. Chris getting back together was not a good idea." I blurted out. Chris just half-smiled and pulled me into a hug.

"No...this is perfect." He murmured against my hair. I pushed him away. I'm shocked I'm not even crying.

"Chris...let's be civilized adults. Please." I told him. Surprisingly, Chris shook his head and stepped back. He looked at his shoes.

"You're right." He whispered.

"I'm sorry Chris...this isn't right. And you know it." Chris nodded again and then met my eyes. There was emotion, but not real, crying, sobbing, torn up emotion. He agreed with me. This wasn't right.

"I'm sorry." He replied.

"You didn't do anything. This just wasn't the right thing to do." I reminded him. He nodded once again and then hugged me again.

 "It is." Chris said in the hug. "I guess I'll gather my things." He said walking away.

"You have things here already?!" I asked. Chris turned back and smiled. 

"My briefcase and my phone." He said. I rolled my eyes. This went so much better than I ever thought. As Chris was about to leave for the absolute final time, I gave him one last hug. "I will miss you." He said.

"Yeah..." I said. I was going to fill in I'll miss you too but I knew I wouldn't miss him. I did fine for a year without him. 

"You don't have to reply." Chris said. I rolled my eyes but Chris couldn't see.