Ruined moment.

"The best place in the world is in the arms of someone who will not only hold you at your best, but will pick you up and hug you tight at your weakest moments." - Unknown. 

~ Sleep. I need sleep. I hope whatever I just wrote was good. Vote and comment please.  

Chapter 30 - Ruined moment.

“3 months?!” I asked, disagreement lacing my tone. My mother gave me a sharp glance from across the table and I cleared my throat. “Err, three months? I mean, that’s totally fine,” I said lamely. 

Just remember. Whatever makes mum happy.

Zach and I, along with our mothers, were discussing the upcoming wedding over some breakfast, in a stunning restaurant situated on the beach. It was a beautiful sunny day, with a perfect cool breeze to balance out the heat. The sky was clear blue, not one cloud about and the sand was packed with people, mostly families, who were out to enjoy their weekend.  

My patience was wearing a bit thin with all the suggestions my mum kept coming up with, but I constantly reminded myself that I had already upset her once, so following through with her plans was the least I could do. Not all her ideas were bad, but she was getting a little too excited, I think. 

“Zach, what do you think habibi?” Auntie asked him, as she took a sip from her tea. 

“Hmm?” I snorted. Zach was much more interested in the plate of food in front of him, than the conversation at hand. He’s always been like this - as soon as the food’s served, he becomes as quiet as a mouse. 

His mother sighed. “The wedding - what do you think, if we have it 3 months from now?” 

He swallowed the bite in his mouth, before contemplating his answer. “I think three months is a bit long, to be honest. But if you guys believe you need that much time to plan everything, then I don’t mind.” Wrong answer, Zach! Argh.  

“Do we really need a full 3 months to plan everything mum?” I asked, trying to sound innocent.  

“Probably not three months…” she trailed off. “But just to be safe.” 

“I honestly think a month is good.” 

“OK how about we make it two months from now, and that’ll be final?”  

“I feel like I’m at a market. You’re haggling over my wedding!” Zach quipped, laughing at his own joke.  

Our wedding,” I said, flicking his ear, before smiling warmly at him. 

“Our wedding,” he repeated in a mumble whilst staring off into my eyes, as if he couldn’t fathom what he was saying. 

“OK love birds, snap out of it. We’ve got a lot to plan,” my mum voiced, clapping her hands in front of her to gain our attention.  

“Sorry,” we both said, sheepishly. I could feel my cheeks tinging red and I tried to appear casual, as I picked up my fork and shovelled some salad into my mouth.  

“I love it when you blush,” Zach whispered into my ear.  

“Zachhh,” I groaned, blushing even harder. “That didn’t really help.” 

“That was the point,” he said, chuckling deeply. I shook my head at him with an amused smile on my face, before resting my palms against my flaming cheeks in a futile attempt to hide the burn. We both faced our mothers again, to find them watching us with endearing expression on their faces.

And that’s pretty much how the rest of the evening proceeded. Us woman trying to organise what need be for the wedding, Zach embarrassing me or making me blush furiously, me then pinching or flicking him, him laughing and then our mothers eventually getting fed up.