Confirmed.

"What if I fall? Oh, my darling, what if you fly?" - Anonymous

Dedicated to @DaniyahA for making me the cover! Do you guys like it?

~ Video on the side of what dabke is, incase some of you are unfamiliar with it.  

Chapter 25 - Confirmed.  

Yasmine's POV

Since I could not, for the life of me, pull my eyes away from the back of my retreating best friend, I saw the exact moment when Noah grabbed Zach violently and pulled him away. Judging from the furious look on Noah's face, I knew things wouldn't end well for him. I shoved the ice-cream cone I was holding into Salma's hand and dismissed her confused face, as I hurriedly made my way towards them. After being shoved and pushed numerous times, I rounded a corner and quickened my steps.  

I watched as my enraged brother shoved Zach against the wall and then held him there firmly, grasping his collar and encasing him with his body. 

Zach, no doubt, looked winded, and when he tried to tell Noah to calm down, he slammed him against the wall again - roughly. A bit of my heart crumbled as I witnessed Zach's confused and pained face, even though he tried to hide it. 

"No! I'll ask you again - what happened between you and Yasmine?" Noah spoke, now with an eerily low and calm voice, but anyone with a functioning brain could recognise the threat woven into his words. 

I wish I could say I don't know what's gotten into Noah - but I do. I was stupid enough to tell him what happened the night I ran to Zach's. I didn't want to! However, I had a brother who was more persistent than Mrs Bennet herself, and so, after a few days of managing to avoid his interrogating questions, I had spewed one sentence - 'Zach and I had a fight.' We didn't really fight, per se, but I didn't know what else to call it.  

Immediately, I knew I had made a big mistake as I watched his face morph from calm and worried, to straight up livid. When he pushed me for the full story, I, of course, didn't tell him. If he had gotten angry at that one sentence, imagine his reaction after I told him everything. He began going on and on - that my behaviour at home was dramatic, I was being depressed for no reason and that both Zach and I were two, very reckless teenagers. He concluded with an angry statement that we were never to see each other again. 

And apparently, I was being dramatic. I knew Noah was worried about me, but not only that, he was sick of my glum and pessimistic attitude at home, which is why he's acting out. 

I was still shocked at his behaviour, however. He had never resorted to this kind of anger before, usually, he was a quiet brooder. 

"Noah, please let go of him." At my voice, both boys whipped their heads towards me, Noah with a look of exasperation and Zach, although I couldn't exactly decipher his emotions upon seeing me, I thought I saw longing and regret flicker through his eyes.  

"This is between me and Zach. Go." I could tell Noah was trying to restrain himself from putting every ounce of anger he felt into that last word, but I held my ground firmly.  

"So what huh...you're going to punch him? Make him bleed? Then what?" I asked, putting my hands on my hips, whilst trying to maintain a strong demeanour. It was very hard, what with Zach standing only a metre away from me.  

The sad part was, that I wasn't even angry at him. I couldn't force him to love me. I guess I had mislead myself and now, I was dealing with the consequences.

"Yasmine, I could not be more serious right now. Leave." He was still pinning Zach to the wall, but now his fiery eyes were directed at me. 

"No," I voiced, loud and clear.