The Meeting.

"As a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them. Verily, I, the servants, the helpers and my followers defend them because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah, I hold out anything that displeases them. No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it or carry anything from it to a Muslim's house. No one is to force them to travel or to oblique them to fight. The Muslims are to fight for them. If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, she is not to be prevented from visiting her church to pray. Their churches are to be respected." - Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) on Christians. 

Dedicated to @melekbayraktar. I sense a strong heart in you and a nature of true goodness. Thank you for your support and I hope you live your dream of helping those in need around the world. ❤

Chapter 16 - The Meeting. 

"That's it. You're dead." Salma looked liked she was about to launch herself at me.

"I can't believe it," Shaymah added, looking dumbfounded. 

I groaned. "Can't you guys be at least a little supportive?" 

"NO!" They yelled at me simultaneously, both with frustrated looks on their faces. I turned to another one of our close friends, Miriam, who was laughing at us silently. 

"Miriam! Tell them!" I huffed.

We met Miriam at the beginning of this year when we had all started university. Although she was a devout Christian, that small fact didn't disturb our sisterly relationship a tad. She had a heart of gold which was apparent through her soft facial features and were forever shaped with a smile. Her face was framed with a short brown bob cut that brought out her grey eyes and mirrored her tan skin. She's also what modern society would define as 'overweight' but it certainly didn't detract from her beauty. 

We met her on the very first day of orientation week; two guys were not so discreetly talking about her weight, making her look like she wanted to disappear into a black hole. I remember it all too clearly:

"It's so hot!" It was the first day of uni and of course, the weather was perfect the last few days with average temperatures, and then all of a sudden, today it felt like we were standing on the tip of a volvano.

All three of us were standing on the balls of our feet, excited and nervous at the same time. We each had ice blocks in our hand, a lame attempt at trying to cool us down. I had just finished the last bite and was staring at the popsicle stick sadly, before I was nudged in the side by Shaymah. 

"Hmm?" She nodded her head towards two guys who were sitting on the edge of a fountain. At first, I was lost as to why she she was singling them out - they were cute but we weren't the type of girls to fret over boys. However, looking at them closely, I realised they were snickering every time they made a loud mouth comment about a short, stump girl standing near the ice-cream vendour we had just been at. 

"Yalatif," one of them said. "Shouldn't she be cutting down on the sugar?" 

"People have no self-restraint these days," the other replied tauntingly, twisting his snapback backwards in an attempt to look cool. I scoffed, before turning to look at the girl. Having heard them, she had hung her head low, causing her long brown hair to fall forward, as a result curtaining her face and covering her burning red cheeks. My heart broke in two for this poor girl, and since she clearly wasn't going to say anything in self-defence, I decided I would do it for her.

Salma, Shaymah and I exchanged determined looks before walking up to the two idiots. 

Without even a salams, I stood right infront of them and crossed my arms. "If I throw a stick, will you leave?" I asked. I almost wanted to smile at their confused faces.