Betrayal.

"Hidden truths are unspoken lies." - Unknown 

~ Before you guys all read this chapter, I need your help. I need you all to tell me how 'cheesy' you want the rest of the book to proceed, cause I know not all of you like cheesy [even though this is a Romance book]. If you could rate it from 1-10, 1 being not cheesy, 10 being very cheesy. Comment here and lemme know!

Chapter 31 - Betrayal.

I woke up the next morning feeling like something had chewed my insides  violently and then spat them out. Pains had me tossing and turning all night. I was lucky to have gotten even three hours of good sleep. 

As my alarm went off for the thousandth time in the last twenty minutes, I groaned and rolled over dramatically, grabbed my phone and furiously ceased the annoying blare of the ringtone. I turned back around, so I was laying flat on my back, and spread my arms and legs out. To put it simply, I felt like shit. 

A knock on the door had me sitting up straight again and I croakily told whoever it was to come in. A serious looking Noah stroll in through the door, hand in hand with a very nervous looking Adam. 

“Sabah elkheir,” Noah said, standing right next to me. I replied the good morning and then quirked my eyebrow in curiosity. I think I knew why these two were here. “Adam has something to tell you.” My eyes drifted to my little brother, who was looking down at his socked feet, twisting his arms together anxiously. “Don’t you Adam?” Noah prodded. 

Adam nodded and with his head still hidden from my view, he spoke in a wobbly voice, as if he was on the verge of tears. “I’m sorry for saying that I hate you Min.” My heart nearly shattered right then and there and before I could grab him and hug the life out of him, he looked up at Noah, crystal orbs in his eyes. Noah nodded, as if urging him to go on. “I don’t hate you, I love you.” 

He finally looked up at me, and I gave him a big smile, letting him know I wasn’t angry with him. I squeezed him in a tight hug and he nuzzled his head against my neck. “My little baby,” I cooed. “I love you too.” I pulled away and wiped his little tears. 

“I just wanted some ice-cream Min.” He hiccuped and positioned himself on my lap comfortably, before resting his head on my chest. 

“I know baby, I know,” I spoke softly, running my fingers through his thick locks. 

“Well, my job here is done,” Noah voiced. He ruffled Adam’s hair and then promptly walked out. 

Boys. 

Even though I was still really tired, I decided I would make this day a productive one. I got Noah to take the kids for a fun day out, whilst I stayed home and cleaned. I knew I was being a little boring on another beautiful day, but I preferred cleaning when absolutely no one was home. Plus, it wouldn’t hurt to take the load off mum’s shoulders. 

After I had finished, I showered and made myself something to eat. Thanks to womanhood, I couldn’t decide what I wanted. Since I felt like everything in the fridge, somehow, I ended up with a multitude of foods in front of me. From sandwiches, to cereal, fruits and lollies…within half an hour, I had consumed more than half the load. If Zach saw me now, he’d be proud. Or disgusted. One of them. 

I lay back on the couch, feeling like a whale. I picked up the remote and turned the volume up, as I was watching one of my favourite Bollywood movies, Mohabbatein. It made me cry every single time, without fail, so I had my prepared box of tissues next to me. I don’t know why I do this to myself, to be honest.

After the movie had ended, and I had cried enough to form a river, I groggily got into foetal position.

I had a slight dilemma which kept on popping in and out of my mind all morning. Yesterday, to my dismay, Zach had asked me why I had really been sneaking out the time he had caught me. Luckily for me, I was able to deflect the question and made the excuse that I was too tired to talk about it. I think the only reason Zach had backed off, was because of my foul mood.