21. Jealousy Strikes Again

(warning: another long chapter)

[I'm sorry for the super long chapters guys! If it's annoying, please let me know so I can shorten them]

Beam stood in front of his bathroom mirror just staring at himself. It's just a soccer game. It's just...a soccer game. He kept telling himself but he couldn't stop the fluttery feeling in his stomach. After last night with he and Forth admitting their feelings for each other, he went to bed happier than ever. But now that it was the next day, he was back to feeling nervous about seeing Forth again.

"Pull yourself together, Beam. It's just a soccer game, and it's only Forth." He said aloud. He took a deep breath then exited the bathroom. He grabbed his keys and wallet and headed out the door. Before heading to the soccer fields, he stopped at the campus 7/11 and bought two cold bottles of water. It was hot out and he didn't want to get too thirsty, and maybe Forth might want one too after his game.

When he got to the soccer fields, other students were already in the stands preparing to watch. There weren't a lot of students as this wasn't a huge game, but it was more than Beam was expecting.

"Beam! Hey, over here!" He heard a voice call out and he looked up to see a girl named Paris waving him over. Paris was tall and very pretty and was in two of Beam's classes this semester. They would sometimes sit together and would help each other out with notes when one of them would miss class.

"Hey Paris!" Beam exclaimed when he reached her and her friends, taking a seat. "I didn't know you would be here."

She smiled and nodded. "Yea, I came to watch Kengkla."

"Oh? Which one is he?"

Paris pointed out to a couple guys warming up on the field in yellow jerseys. "Kengkla has the shaved sides with his hair tied in a bun."

Beam looked at him. He looked like a typical bad boy and even had tattoos covering one of his arms, starting from the wrist all the way up until it was cut off by his jersey sleeve. He had more of a bad boy image than Forth.

"Mmmmm, you like the bad boys, I see." Beam teased. Paris laughed and gave Beam a playful shove.

"He's a total sweetheart!"

"Sure, sure."

"You really shouldn't read into stereotypes so much." She wagged her finger at him. Beam waiied dramatically.

"I deeply apologize."

They both turned back to the field.

"Who did you come to watch?"

"Oh...uh..." Beam wasn't expecting the question. "My friend...from engineering."

Beam scanned the field trying to find Forth and finally saw him on the sidelines with his teammates. Engineering was wearing red jerseys. Forth nodded his head at the person talking to him them turned to look into the small crowd in the stands. Beam watched his eyes roam when they finally landed on him. Forth smiled and waved proudly. Beam smiled and shyly waved back.

"Ohh, Forth! I didn't know you knew him too." Paris exclaimed. "I didn't know he ever smiled. Are you really close?"

But before Beam could answer, someone slid next to him and whispered in his ear. "Is this seat taken?"

Beam turned to face Aroon.

****

Forth was happy that Beam had actually come. Well, Beam did say he was going to come but a part of Forth was expecting Beam not to since he had so much studying to do.