24. Tension

The next day, Phana was still in his funk. Yo was ignoring him and he just didn't feel like doing anything. Beam and Kit were trying to get him to leave his dorm room and do something to take his mind off of what was going on with Yo, but Phana wasn't having it; he wanted to be left alone.

Kit and Beam walked to the basketball courts together while talking about Phana and his situation.

"I really don't know what to do. The boss has never been like this and he's been whining over Nong Yo for years." Beam shook his head.

"Yea, I'm shocked too. And nothing we do is working." Kit responded.

"He even refuses to play basketball and that's his favorite thing to do." Beam threw up his hands.

"Well, even you stopped eating so much when you would get all nervous about Forth." Kit teased. "Nice to see your appetite is back."

Beam shoved Kit to get him to shut up but all it did was make Kit laugh.

"Whatever!"

"Annnd speaking of Forth, looks like we'll be playing with him today." Kit pointed. Beam followed his finger and saw that Forth and a few other guys were talking and trying to get a game going. All the other courts were full and had games that had already started.

Beam stopped walking and immediately turned around to walk the other direction. Kit jumped in front of him.

"Where do you think you're going?" Kit asked him, folding his arms across his chest.

"Aww do I have to?" Beam whined.

"What's all this?? I thought things were going well between you guys. Didn't yall kiss and make up after the drunken fiasco?" Kit looked confused.

"Well...yeah..." Beam trailed off. They had in fact made up, but now Beam was nervous about what took place in the parking lot two nights ago. They had shared a wonderful kiss, but Beam had also turned down Forth when he told him he wanted to be his boyfriend. Forth didn't seem mad that night, but what if after having time to think, he didn't want to talk to Beam anymore? They had already been texting each other less since then. Did Forth think Beam needed space? He had asked for time, not space.

"Don't tell me you've done something stupid again!" Kit was getting ready to scold him.

"That's not it!" Beam shouted. But then he started thinking. Maybe he did do something stupid. Who turns down their crush after finally being asked to officially start dating?

Beam. That's who.

"Well then come on. I want to play some basketball." Kit grabbed Beam by the arm and pulled him towards the basketball courts, only letting him go when they walked through the gate.

"Ai'Forth! Hey!" Kit called out and waved. Forth looked up to see Beam and Kit entering the gate and gave them a friendly nod.

"What's up, Ai'Kit?" He jogged over to meet them halfway. "Hey Beam." Forth looked him right in the eyes.

Beam could feel those pesky flutters taking off and all he could do was smile and bit and nod.

"Have you guys decided teams yet?" Kit asked.

"Not yet. We still don't have enough people for three on three. We didn't want to play with just four."

"We'll play." Kit said.

They all three started to walk over to the rest of the guys.

"Cool. To balance out size difference, Kit, you play on that team with my friend Chris." Forth pointed. Then he stepped closer to Beam so that their arms touched as they walked. "I'll play with Beam." He said a little quieter.