14. Butterflies

[Author's Note]: Another long chapter. Sorry! >_< I really need to work on learning how to cut down.

Beam and Forth finished eating (they argued over who would pay. Forth won) and decided to walk around to see the many shops and vendors along the street. Many vendors were selling food and Beam would have bought some too, but he was so full from the meal he just had. One thing he did like about western food was that their portions were so large; even in comparison to Thai portions.

There were vendors selling art, sculptures, home supplies, clothes, jewelry, and many other things. And Beam could tell that everything here had a much higher quality than the night market near his university. There were many things here that he knew his mom would like and he began to wonder why she had never brought him here. She dragged him everywhere else when she needed to go shopping. Although she didn't ask as frequently anymore since he was away at university.

As they walked on, they crossed an intersection and Beam peeked down one of the roads. His eyes landed on a large building with colorful ribbons and balloons decorating the entrance and people walking in and out. The words "Grand Opening" were printed across the large ribbons.

"It's the new game center! I've heard about this. I didn't know it was going to be on this side of town." Beam said excitedly. He turned to look at Forth.

Forth could see his excitement by his eyes and how bright his expression was. "Would you like to go check it out?"

Beam nodded enthusiastically.

Forth stuck his hand out in front of Beam as he stepped off the curb and looked both ways down the street before crossing. Beam felt a little funny inside when he realized what Forth was doing. He was trying to keep Beam safe in case of cars, scooters, and songtaws. It was something that a parent would do with their child...or what a boyfriend would do with their girlfriend.

"I'm not afraid to cross the street, you know." Beam said quietly. Forth looked a little embarrassed when he realized what he had just done. He really hadn't even thought about it. It was just that in the moment, protecting Beam felt like second nature. He felt a little embarrassed now that Beam had called him out on it but he recovered quickly.

"Well, you're not always the most coordinated person around." Forth raised his eyebrows.

Beam's mouth dropped open and he looked at Forth. "I am not clumsy!" He yelled, giving Forth a shove. Forth chuckled.

"I never called you clumsy."

"You just said I wasn't coordinated."

"But I didn't call you clumsy." Forth said, holding his finger up to make his point.

Beam rolled his eyes and pouted. "Whatever..." He grumbled.

Forth still laughed. "Awe, don't be mad." Forth nudged him with his shoulder. Beam said nothing. "Don't be mad, na."

"...."

"Naaaaa, na na na naaaaaa." Forth playfully whined as he got all in Beam's face, poking at him and pinching his cheeks. It didn't take long for Beam to start smiling again.

"Okay! Sheesh." Beam pushed Forth's hands away. "Don't be so pushy."

Forth smiled as they walked. Beam was cute when he pouted. He poked his little pink lips out like a child and any masculinity he had completely vanished. And in that moment, he was just cute little Beam. Cute little pouting Beam.

"Welcome to Game Center. Please enjoy your stay and visit us again." The host at the door greeted them, smiling brightly. Forth and beam walked in and Beam was in awe at the sheer size of the place. There were three levels and at the very top in the ceiling was a sky light to see outside. Games were everywhere! Traditional arcade game machines, air hockey tables, dance revolution games, car racing games; there were so many to count.