31. Seven

Forth sat at the front of his class scribbling away in his notebook as the professor lectured. He usually sat in the back with Gear, Oat and Chris, but he still hadn't started speaking to Gear and Oat again. He really wasn't even that mad anymore, especially since he and Beam had worked things out and were official now. But he didn't know how to approach them again and they weren't making any efforts towards him either.

As the class was close to ending, there was a knock on the class door. The professor paused and motioned for whoever it was to come in.

"We have an invitation for a Forth Darvid Kreepolrerk." The person announced.

Forth's head snapped up immediately. He knew Duke's voice anywhere.

Forth stared in confusion at Duke who looked at him briefly then averted his eyes. He was standing next to a smiling Mai Ding who had a huge bouquet of flowers in his hands. Forth quickly looked to the back of the class at the rest of his friends who also quickly averted their eyes.

What. Is. Happening. Forth thought to himself.

Duke cleared his throat loudly as he raised a card up to his face to read from. People immediately started murmuring amongst each other about what was about to happen.

"It's been three days since we've made it official.

I've never met someone that could make me feel so special."

Duke started reading off the card in a whimsical voice and as he read, Mai Ding would act out the words beside him. It didn't take long for the rest of the students to start giggling and laughing behind him.

"You make my heart soar, like the birds in the sky.

Sometimes I have to pinch myself because I can't believe you're finally mine."

When Mai Ding pinched his own arm then jumped at the pain, people began to lose it.

"I want to dance, I want to sing, you make me feel so free.

But this poem is getting too long and now I'm hung-ree."

Mai Ding rubbed his stomach dramatically then acted as if he were going to eat a flower. he plucked off a leaf and shoved it in his mouth then spit it out immediately, coughing and making a huge scene at the bad taste of the leaf. Duke kept right on reading.

"If you're not too embarrassed by the end of this poem, I'd like to invite you out on a date.

Just you and me and the stars in the sky. See you at seven. Don't be late."

Duke and Mai Ding walked over to Forth and handed him the card and the bouquet of flowers, bowing to him and rest of the class. Then they scurried out the room, waiing quickly to the professor as they went.

Forth wanted to completely shrink into himself and disappear. People had taken their phones out and started recording and were still laughing at the whole thing.

Forth turned to look back at Gear, Oat, and Chris but he couldn't see them because all the students were still standing and trying to be nosey by getting a glimpse of the card.

"Congratulations, Mr. Kreepolrerk." The professor said. Everyone instantly began to quiet down. "Seems you have a big night ahead of you."

Forth tried to give a smile but it looked more like an embarrassed wince. The professor turned his attention to the rest of the class.