14. English Tea

Rosemary

Jazz and I sat in the taxi without words. Despite my act, I was extremely aggravated. Not to mention irritated with myself.

"I'm sorry," She whispered.

"But, I thought he was a nice - nicer bloke." I said crossing my arms.

"I did too okay? I'm sorry I pushed you into this. I know you're not into all this... I don't know, I just didn't want you to be stuck in the moment."

"Stop bringing up my insecurities!" I snapped. I swear, sometimes having this girl go through everything in my life with me was a risk. She loved to mention the past as if it was the present. I am not stuck in the moment, nor will I ever be. I am not sensitive, and if I was, it wouldn't be a bad thing... Am I not allowed to be disappointed?

"Okay okay shhhh." Her arms snaked around me, pulling me into an unwanted hug.

We arrived at her flat and we walked through the door with our arms linked.

I got changed and cleaned up my face, while Jazz made the both of us a cuppa. I tried to refrain from sulking, but it didn't do any help.

"Darling, you never actually told me what happened with Liam." She said whilst sitting down and taking a drink of her tea. "Is that an invite to tell you?" I asked.

She shrugged and I sighed.

*bzzz bzzz*

Incoming call: Dan

"Don't you dare answer that." Jazz hissed at me. "I wasn't planning on it." I looked down at the tea in my hands.

The English and their tea.

"He left for France."

"I know that." She said.

I rolled my eyes and continued. "He had been avoiding me for over a week before he left, and when I finally got the chance to speak with him he told me that his mother had some ties to something - that was complete shit- and he needed to leave and study someplace else. I didn't want to deal with that anymore so I left, for I knew something else had to be going on."

She continued to look at me.

"And something else was, he was having an affair toward the end of our relationship. He was desperately in love with her, she was moving to France, so was he." Jasmine's mouth was now slightly agape. Her eyes showed pity, I couldn't have pity.

"Don't pity me Jazz, I left him before he could say anything more. I found out by doing some internet stalking and I sent him a pile of shit. Literally, there is this website. And so, I guess that's why you can say that I am emotionally challenged right now. And yes that was absolutely no help with trust and it makes me more paranoid when it comes to men. So hooray!" I waved my hands around and took a sip of my tea, which had cooled down considerably.

"Come here." She motioned for me to sit with her. I did so and put my head on her shoulder.

"So I guess this would be a bad time to mention that Kyle wanted to hook up with me?" She turned towards me a grinned. She was a good friend, I had to admit it after eleven years, "I mean he didn't actually say the words, but I knew that's what he wanted. He continued to charm me up all night."

"I'm not even going to mention that kiss." I laughed. "It was all bushy and prickly. But I can see you two playing the game." She blushed and looked down at her cuppa. There was a moment of silence before I spoke up again.

"Now I'm going to take out these contacts before the amoebas eat my eyes."

"Let them."

"Screw you," I said.

*

Daniel

Someone finally had the nerve to call me after three days.

It was Kyle.

"You're an imbecile." He spoke through the phone.

"I know. Nothing new there."

I was seething in my own guilt, a retched habit of mine.

"I don't know what to tell you, everyone who heard you thinks you are a complete dick now."

"What about you and Will? And Woody?" I asked, dreading the answer.

"We know you Dan, we know how you get. Just Rose, she seemed really cool. And I mean chill. Like, I was surprised." I suddenly felt more ashamed. I did fancy her.

I put my head in my hand. "I don't know. I've called and texted to apologize. I feel like a total idiot."

"I don't know what to say... you are. " Kyle said.

"Well thanks Kyle."I said.

"Sorry mate, it's just, well I don't know."

"Goodbye." I hung up, tired of myself.

I ran my hand through my hair and got up from the couch. I stood randomly in the center of my flat, just looking around thinking about nothing. Then I decided to go into the spare room and play the piano, what can't be solved from that?

~*~*~*~*~

I'm going to a bastille concert tomorrow omg