3. Insanity

The minutes on the train slipped by. The night was growing darker as we traveled into countryside. My eyelids became heavy and I turned to look at Dan. Earphones rested in his ears and he was drumming away to some silent beat, utterly oblivious to the world beyond his music. I let my eyes drift shut.

The train pulled to a halt and I opened my eyes, my head rested on Daniel's shoulder and his head was on mine. As soon as I noticed this my stomach did a sporadic flip. He smelled good... minty and clean. I couldn't stop myself from taking in deeper breaths.

I gently shook Dan's arm and he moved his head. Finally I was able to move my neck and stretch it. It had been bent horribly.

"Welcome to London, please take your belongings and exit onto the platform. Have a lovely day!"

Have a lovely day! Oh I'm having one alright.

"Sorry about that," He said, referring to the intrusive position of his head on mine. "It doesn't matter," I dismissed.

He smiled and the dimples made their appearance again. Oh.

~

He aided me in retrieving my bags and we found ourselves on the platform once more. I checked my mobile for emergency alerts from he woman I called my mother.

*two missed calls from Mum*

Diana: Rose, Mum is worried! Dad is trying to calm her down. Answer us! xx

I rolled my eyes and scoffed.

"Everything alright?" Dan asked me.

"Everything's fine, just my family spiraling into insanity," I mumbled.

He chuckled softly and we made our way outside. "I see my lift, it was nice meeting you."

It took my a moment to gather myself before I bid him my farewell. "It was nice meeting you as well."

Someone bumped into us and Dan threw obscenities his way before I could. He readjusted himself and looked at me.

"Err... Well... May I have your number? So I could give you a ring?" I blushed and nodded slowly, letting the nerves overflow my mental capacity. I gave him my phone and he gave me his, silently tapping away. "I will, uh, call you!" He exclaimed as he walked away. I smiled and looked at that handsome face once more before his back turned my way.

"Rosa Maria Marcela Jones get your bum over here!" A thick Spanish accent radiated through the station loading zone. Causing Dan to whip around at the bolstering voice. I smiled grudgingly in his direction, before stomping of in the direction of the vehicle. Thank you for ruining the moment, Mum.

"Sorry I didn't call you I was asleep, yeah, yeah, yeah." I rolled my eyes. She hardly turned to look at me. "Don't give me that attitude! We send you to Cambridge and now you're too posh for us. Get in!"

I put my bag in the back and climbed into the rear seat with my sister. Funny how she described me as posh, seeing as her only goal when we came to England was to bathe in the posh lifestyle my father's family provided for her.

"Hey, Rose," she said dryly.

"Heyo, Diana."

My sister was a spoiled, ridiculously English, beauty. She also had perfect eyesight. Envy had taken its rightful place within me.

"Your eyes look green in this light." My head had been pointed in the direction of the window. Admiring the gorgeous view of the city. Okay, though she might not be the brightest.

"It's dark here you nitwit, they're still brown."

"Don't call your sister that." My father said from the drivers seat. "Dad!" I cried.

"I'm a little disappointed that you didn't notice me before." He said sarcastically, eyes focusing on the road. "Ah I'm sorry, no excuse for that." I reached over and patted his shoulder. Details were a horrendous enemy of mine. And in the dark, with short-sided vision? Please.

"So, Rose, who was that boy you were chatting with?" Diana asked me.

"No one you need to know of," I snapped, gripping my seatbelt. I was eagerly waiting for the moment when I could open the door and run up to my bedroom.

"Ay dios. Oh god," My mother sighed.

Oh, mother.