vinte e três

🎙🎞

mackenzies pov

IT WAS NOW MONDAY. MADDIE LEFT LAST NIGHT AND IT WAS A VERY SAD GOODBYE. but she made me realize that i didn't have to keep sulking for Johnny. sure i missed him, but i had to focus on other stuff going on in my life, not just him. so i decided to put more effort into my music and dancing. me, Brynn and Hayden headed to our ballet class.

when we got there we didn't see Miss Raine ordering everyone to their positions as usual. that made me realize what day this was. you see, the Academy's shows are really well known around here. the ballet show is just beautiful and the show with the others programs is also phenomenal. if you get to perform in any way in them, it's an amazing honor. Hayden told me about them my second week here. he said he always wanted to be one of the four representatives, but he wasn't one of the best soloists and he didn't have much luck with his previous pas de deux. "maybe this year with you as my partner we'll do it" he said hopefully that night. "maybe we will" i responded. and ever since the we've worked our butts for this, but the last few weeks i think we've been all so overwhelmed we didn't even notice that the day had come. "that's today?" i looked scared at my friends, who seemed as if they had just realized the same "i guess" Hayden trailed off.

        "so class, today we have some exciting news that i know you've all been waiting for. as you all know every year we hold two presentations, on in the end and the other in the middle of the year. and today is the day we announce the details to our middle of the year one" she said "okay so, this year our ballet piece is..." Miss Raine stopped making some suspense "Peter Pan". every one immediately started commenting on the choice and whispering what parts they wanted "guys, quiet!" she reprehended us "you also know that we choose the roles based on your performance during the year".

"okay, so i am very excited to announce this years main characters. first we have Asher Angel as Peter Pan" everyone clapped. i sent him a thumbs up, he deserved it "then we have Brynn Rumfallo as Tinker Bell" i hugged my blonde friend next to me. i was so proud of her. honestly getting a main role in one of this was very very hard. so i didn't even have my hopes up. "John Darling will be played by Hayden Summerall" she said. again i was so proud of my best friend. another set of applause was heard in the room and i hugged him tight to show how awesome that was. "and finally Wendy Darling will be played by Mackenzie Ziegler" see, i didn't get it. wait what? "congrats Mack!" i heard Hayden next to me while he picked me up in a hug. "the rest of the cast will be posted in a list outside".

       oh my god. i was so happy. i wasn't expecting this. me and Hayden have been so focused on the pas de deux that i really didn't think this could happen. but i really needed it to refuel my passion for dancing. and now i actually have something to focus my energy on instead of the fact that Johnny's not here. i saw Asher heading our way "hey guys! i guess we're all the main characters" he exclaimed happily "i'm glad we're doing this together" i smiled at my friends "class settle down!! i still have more announcements" Ms Raine said. me and Hayden looked at each other, knowing what came next. he took my hand and intertwined with his as a reassurance. we can do this! "now, you guys also know we have four representatives in the show that all the other programs participate in" Hayden squeezed my hand a bit.

        "so the chosen for this year are: Sage Rosen as your male soloist "applauses filled the room again " Avery Green as the female soloist" she said. i didn't know Avery well but she was a very talented dancer. how did i even get Wendy with people like her around here. "and the pas de deux will be Hayden Summerall and Mackenzie Ziegler".

        and then again, i was left chocked. we did it. "yes we did it Mack!". for the second time that day Hayden picked me up in a hug, only this time it was tighter and a lot more emotional. "i'm so proud of you. of us" i said "so am i". he put me down and kissed the top of my head like a proud brother would. sure things hadn't been great for the last couple of weeks. but this day made up for all of that.

INSTAGRAM!

liked by johnorlando and others

kenzieziegler happy happy girl🤩

load comments...

haysummerall IM SO HAPPY OMG
          — kenzieziegler ME TOO OMG :)))))
brynnrumfallo i'm a proud friend🥰
          — kenzieziegler i love you too much
asherangel hi there wendy darling
          — kenzieziegler HELLO PETER
laurenorlando you guys deserve this
          — kenzieziegler thanks bby💗
annieleblanc proud🤩
liked by kenzieziegler
johnorlando what's going on?
          — kenzieziegler pm
load more comments...

IMESSAGE!
private chat: john🔒

john🔒
what's up

kenz💓
oh hi that was quick
ME AND HAYDEN GOT THE PAS DE DEUX PART
and we are dancing peter pan and i'm wendy darling !!!

john🔒
oh my god really!!
that's great kenz, i'm so proud of you
you worked so hard for this!!

kenz💓
thank you so much <3
but igtg, we're celebrating!!
bye

john🔒
bye then
seen

🎙🎞

author's note: hey guys!!! tomorrow is my bday party🥳🥳🥳 enjoy this chapter💗 thank you so much for such a good response to yesterday's chapter. do you think i should add an insta post/story at the end of every chapter? (answer please!)
make sure to vote and comment
goal: 10 votes