nove

🎞🎙

narrators pov

IT HAD BEEN CLOSE TO A MONTH SINCE THE WEIRD ENCOUNTER IN HAYDEN'S ROOM. Johnny still felt bad about how he handled the situation. The hardest part for him was seeing Mackenzie almost every day and not being able to talk to her normally.

        she would always steal dirty glances and mad faces at him. and it was a daily reminder that he'd messed up. they would just be in the classroom and while Kenzie was learning new stuff he was just thinking about his mistakes. why can't i just stand up to this stupid rules and talk to her for God sakes.

         deep down he knew why. there was once a girl. her name was Amber, modeling program. Johnny thought she was really pretty and immediately took an interest in her. his friends, tho, saw right through her. she is not who she says she is Johnny. she is going to hurt you was all he heard from them. he still didn't believe it. he thought he knew that girl more then they did, so he asked her on a date. and then they started dating. they didn't last long because as every other heartbreak story, she did what the best friends predicted she would do and hurt him.

        ever since then, he decided to always listen to his friends. and that event has also caused him to stay away from people outside of his program. he didn't know them because he didn't spend as much time with them as he did with his classmates. and therefore they could trick him easily, just like Amber did. but Mackenzie was different. he knew that. but he thought the same thing when he met Amber, so he didn't follow his gut.

        the whole month, Johnny would catch himself staring at her. constantly. at lunch. when he saw her at the hallways. when she was at Hayden's room. whenever he was around her, he couldn't help but stare. Asher was the first one to notice the green eyed boy's particular interest in his roommate friend. then it was Lauren. her brother kept zoning out, and that wasn't a normal thing for him. lastly Annie. she was his best friend and was deeply worried about him. all of them were. what was it about that girl that made him like that? did he even know her?

        in this particular wednesday, they were having lunch and there he was again, looking at the brunette girl. Annie got fed up with it. she wanted normal Johnny back. "sorry guys, i'm going to do it" she informed the other two at the table and didn't even wait for them to respond before tapping Johnny in the arm. the boy turned his attention towards her confused. "we need to talk" she seriously said. that scared him.

        "uh...sure. what's up?" he said "you know Johnny, we are not dumb. we've noticed how you stare at that girl..." "Mackenzie" Asher completed "yeah, her". Johnny knew at some point they would have to have this conversation. he dreaded it tho. "so tell us, why? do you know her? what's up?" Annie questioned. he could see concern in all of his friends eyes. "uhh..." he hesitated. Lauren, that was besides him, put a comforting hand on his shoulder before saying "it's okay Johnny. we are your best friends, you can tell us anything".

        "okay" he took a deep breath before starting the story "i met her the first sunday when we arrived. she was uh" he stopped remembering he couldn't tell them about her music, so he came up with another story "roaming around and i bumped into her. she seemed really nice, we talked and stuff. but she is in the dance program so..." he didn't have to finish for his friends to understand. "but you like her, right dude?" Asher asked "no. no of course not, i barely know her and we haven't talked in a month and..." his ramble was cut off by Annie "we know you Johnny. you like her. the way you look at her gives it away" she sternly said. he blushed this time "okay, maybe i do" he said very quietly "but i messed up and now she won't talk to me".

        "what did you do?" Lauren asked. "uh, one day when we were at lunch she wanted to talk to me i guess. so she stood up and waved at me and i-uh- i i-ignored her". Annie slapped her forehead lightly "why dummy?" "you guys know how i am with people from other program after..." "Amber" they all said at the same time, the girls rolling their eyes. "exactly. and then she confronted me and said that she wasn't going to be my secret and that i should talk to her when i didn't care about this 'dumb rule'. and that is why she left the room so fast that day" he finished "she is right, sorry to say" the brunette girl said shrugging. "i know she is, i just didn't have it in me to fight my dumb rule" Johnny said sadly.

        the three other friends looked at each other before nodding at Lauren. she would have the right words, they thought. "look, John. you messed up. but you are aware of that and so you can fix this. Mackenzie is not Amber. she is not going to hurt you. i don't even know her that well but from what i've seen she seems very sweet and caring" Johnny looked at Lauren before she continued "again, you can still fix this. she said to talk to her when you were ready, and now you are. tell her the story. don't lose her because of a dumb girl in your past". she smiled at her brother and he smiled back "go after your girl Johnny. you like her and it's that simple. if we think she is bad news we'll tell you. but she doesn't seem like it" Annie said also sharing a smile.

        Johnny knew his friends were right, because he'd been thinking the same thing all along. they are the people he trusted most in the world and if they think he should go for it, then he will do it. "okay, i'm going to talk to her" he said.

        he stood up and looked over to where she usually sat, only he didn't see her any more. or any of her friends in fact. "oh shit" he exclaimed before sadly slumping into his sit. "guess you're going to have to wait till tomorrow" Asher said making Johnny sigh. Lauren just side hugged her brother as comfort. he couldn't believe that just as he had his realization she left. and he has to do this in public otherwise she is going to think he still hasn't changed. it was going to be a long and torturous time until tomorrow.

🎙🎞

author's note: hey guys! just to clarify, Amber is just a random name, not supposed to be anyone. i'm trying my best to right, promise i'll post as soon as possible! make sure to VOTE and comment!! love💗
goal: 4 votes