quinze

🎙🎞

mackenzie's pov

ME AND BRYNN WERE THE FIRST TO ARRIVE IN THE ROOF. i had never been there and Lauren was right. it had a perfect view of the sunset. we started setting up, spreading the pillows and blankets around. after a couple of minutes we heard steps and saw the boys coming in. "hey guys!" Brynn said "hi brynny" Hayden answered hugging her and then me. Johnny and Asher didn't know Brynn that well so they just said hi. Johnny came to me after Hayden "hey" he said smiling. why is he so cute? "heyy" i smiled back at him.

        "i brought some stuff" he said handing me a bunch of blankets and pillows "thanks" i said. i started adding what he brought me into our set up "need help?" he asked. "uh, no i think we are done" i said looking at the finished product. me and Brynn had actually done a good job. it looked cute, and comfy. just then, Annie and Lauren bursted in "hey guys, sorry we were looking for some more food" Lauren apologized. as soon as her eyes landed on Hayden she blushed. NO FUCKING WAY! "uh, Johnny i'll be back. save me a seat by you" i said smiling at him before going to talk to Lauren. "hey Laur. can we talk?" i asked her. she was still looking in Hayden's direction "uh sure". we headed to a corner while everyone was talking by our set up.

        "sooo, since when do you like Hayden?" i questioned "wait what? i don't like him" she desperately answered "i haven't known you for long, but i saw the way you just looked at him" i told her. she looked chocked "no one figured that out yet. not even annie" she said "but uh, i guess since the photo shoot we had. i don't like him like him. it's more like a light crush" she said. i was so excited. my two close friends. i grinned happily at her "well, you're sitting next to him. and becoming his friend. and if you need help, just tell me" she smiled back at me "thank you Kenz. it feels so good to be able to talk to someone about this. can you not..." "i won't tell anyone. and you can always come to me " i said "now let's go". i said taking her hand and siting in between Johnny and Hayden. "oh hey you're back" Johnny said excitedly. "yep" i smiled at him. i looked at the sky to see that the sunset had started "its starting!" i said, making everyone look it's way.

         "shit" i suddenly mumbled. it was cold up there. and i forgot my jacket. i started rubbing my arms and i think Johnny noticed because he opened his arms and pulled me close. he positioned them around my waist and made me lean on his chest. it felt warm in there, and safe. i looked up at him and smiled "thanks". he just smiled back. we stayed like that watching the sunset. to my right, i saw Hayden and Brynn talking, and Lauren was just awkwardly by his side. i knew Hayden liked her too, but he was too shy around her. i got out of Johnny's embrace for a couple of seconds "hold that thought" i said. "Lolo" i whispered. she looked at me with sadness in her eyes. "come here" i ordered tapping my lap for her to lay down. she gratefully smiled and did so. i played with her hair as a way of comfort. i got back on Johnny's embrace just as quick as i left. i didn't want to leave there any other times that day.

       i think he noticed what i had done for Lauren because as soon as i got back into his arms he whispered into my ears, "thanks for that". that sent shivers all around my body and all i wanted to do right then was kiss him. no kenzie! a voice inside my head kept telling me. so i just smiled at him and got back to looking at the sunset.

         and there we stood, until it was over. all of us. like a big family. a new and awesome family.

narrator's pov

        THE GROUP STAYED THAT WAY FOR A WHILE. after the sunset they watched some movies and just hung out until dark. Lauren fell asleep in Kenzie's lap and Annie on Asher's arms. "guys, i think we should take them to their room. it's late" Johnny said worried. "you guys can go, i'll collect the things here alone" Kenzie said. "no, i'll help you" the green eyed boy immediately responded. "i'll take Lauren. Me and Brynn will just follow Asher" Hayden said. Kenzie smiled at him. he knew what she meant by that smile. "shut up Kenzie" he said making her laugh silently. "okay then, let's go" Asher said getting Annie in his arms. Hayden got up and grabbed Lauren form Kenzie's lap. she was very light.

       they exited, leaving Johnny and Kenzie alone. shit, we weren't meant to be alone! she suddenly remembered. she got out of his arms, since they were still in that comfortable position, and started picking up a the stuff. without a word. Johnny just followed her lead. they were in opposite sides of the roof, they didn't even notice when they headed for the same pillow. "oh, sorry" the girl said laughing "it's okay" he said. they both stood up, their faces closer then ever. they didn't even realize they were leaning in. Mackenzie only discerned what was happening when their lips collided. shit! well now it's too late she thought. she dropped everything she was holding and put her arms around his neck. he did the same, only holding her waist.

       Kenzie was trying so hard to avoid this. but now it was happening and she didn't want it to ever end. their kiss was passionate. both of them wanted that for a while. after a bit, it turned into a make out. a sweet make out, not a heated one. they stayed like that for a while before they heard steps. "hey guys, do you need hel..." they separated to see a chocked Asher "sorry!! i thought you guys might need some help". Brynn and Hayden knew better then to go up there. they knew that was bound to happen. Asher, he was a little bit more clueless. "uh, bye" he said while turning around and running out of there.

        Mackenzie and Johnny were left there, in and awkward silence. just looking at each other. "we shouldn't have done that" the girl said sighing loudly "w-why not?" he asked confused. they liked each other, what was wrong about that "we just shouldn't" she said. "god Mackenzie. do you even like me?" he asked, this time in a more frustrated tone "of course i do Johnny. but we just became friends again. i don't want to rush this and loose you!" she screamed at him. they were now fighting. well shit. "Kenzie for Gods sake. you'll never lose me. not if it depends on me" he said getting close and hugging her waist. "you can't promise me that" she said, her head on his chest, tears now in her eyes.

       he pulled away just a bit to look at her. "look, if you want to wait a little longer, i respect that. but i like you a lot. and you're not going to loose me. and i can promise that. because i'll always make sure of it" he said. she was looking at him. he seemed so genuine. "i like you too. and i believe you" she said hugging back. they stayed in each other's embrace before pulling apart and collecting the stuff. for now Mackenzie tried not to worry about what she should do about them.

         that was a problem for tomorrow.

🎙🎞

author's note: hey guys! stayed up to right this! hope you enjoy. also thanks for all the votes in the last chapter. i love you💗 more tomorrow! make sure to VOTE and comment.
goal: 8 votes