Chapter - 29

As they arrived in the city, the sun was beginning to rise. Rick had them book a hotel and asked them all to settle down for the time being and rest, which was exactly what they did. They non-stop ride they made on their way back here was really tiring and they wanted nothing more than a warm bath and a bed. Rick had got Jasmine a room in his suit as he wanted to make sure she was within his reach and in his vision all the time. Once they were all settled, Rick asked Jasmine to rest and went out to make arrangements for their travel back. Despite Jasmine's protest, Rick was pretty set on taking her back with him as according to him, she still too young and he needs time with his sister........right...

Jasmine took a bath and changed, as she was walking past the window she stopped and walked back towards it. She opened it and looked out the city was starting to wake up. She caught a glimpse of black, sighed knowing this is going to be hard. Ardeth is many wonderful things but he is stubborn as a bull when it comes to things like this. This was also the reason why they both had no contact for all these years, he thought this will be best for them, particularly for her. She knew she'd have to knock some sense back into him to get him to listen again. She huffed knowing this is going to be a lot of work and right now, she just wanted to sleep. She did just that, she left the window open, just in case and went straight to sleep, when she reached she had forgotten to write a note for the idiot.

Walking over to the desk she grabbed a paper and pen and began writing the note.

Ardeth,

I need you to meet me, soon. And no, I'm not gonna take no for an answer. If you have time to keep an eye on me then you certainly have time to meet me.

With love

Jasmine

She quickly wrote the note and walked towards the window and gave a short sharp whistle and a hawk landed near her and tied it to its claw and sent it away after giving it a treat and pet. Tiredness washed over her like a wave, she dragged herself towards the bed and drop herself on it. And she was out like a bulb.

                                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jasmine worked through the mess, that was once called the library which she soon discovered that was created by Evie, herself. She has had help with putting the bookshelves back upright but now she was slowly working through the books to pile them in order, so she would just arrange one shelf at a time. Sure, this process would take a lot of time but it was effective and it's not like she had anything else to do. They were gonna leave tomorrow and she couldn't think of any other way to divert her mind.

She decided to start with the middle and bottom shelves, once done with them, she moved on towards the top shelves with the help of the ladder. 'This could make a good workout' she thought. She placed the last bit of books in their rightful place and started to climb down. She continued to arrange books, reading certain pages of books that she wanted to. It felt relaxing, surrounded by books knowing there is not un-dead mummy out for her blood, just big piles of books that need to be put back into their proper place.

She continued to work on them, already done with 4 shelves and few more to go. She paused when she heard some noise but she stays put, she knows better than to go after a noise. She grabbed hold of her dagger, prepared for any movements or attack against her.

"It's me" Ardeth's voice came through the door of the library before he entered, he knows better than to enter unannounced. He has no intention of being stabbed or shot just cause he didn't make any sound to indicate that it's him.

"Took you long enough," She said tucking away her dagger and resumed her work.

"I was so wondering if you would like to take a stroll with me?" He asked.