Chapter - 15

'Tell me, High priest, what are these scared daggers for?'

'Those daggers are used to kill evilness in someone or sometimes to give a cursed dead to a person... It has many uses those are just some of it.'

'Cursed dead?, like HOM-DAI ?'

'Not quiet, HOM-DAI, is a curse where the person given it would be buried alive with flesh eating scarabs to give them a painful death, their sarcophagus removed of it's spell and name, they not even have peace in death or after it, he wouldn't even enter afterlife, the curse would make the person suffer for all eternity and worse is to happen if s/he wakes up.'

'So how's that different from the curse given with the scared daggers?'

'They can curse the person stabbed for not just this life or afterlife but for all the lives that there is for them, in every life, they would suffer whatever curse was given to them before they were stabbed and killed or even hurt'

'And the curse could be anything?'

'You seem very curious today, Hatshepsut.'

'Come on! I'm just doing my duty as your student! But certainly are not doing the duty of my teacher by not answering my curiosity'

'All in the right time, dear student and if I'm not wrong, you are already late for your battle and defense class with you next teacher, and trust me, he's not as kind as I am'

Hatshepsut eyes widened as she realized how she lost the track of time. She turned and started running towards the sparring grounds while calling out to Imoteph,

'You and kind? Ha! Your humor is amazing'

And disappeared out of Imoteph's sight but her laugh still reaching his ears. A chuckle escaped him, he continued on his way shaking his head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Run!" Rick yelled, and Jasmine didn't need to be told twice as she raced after Rick and the others toward the underground passageways.

But unfortunately for them, the danger hadn't passed. A fountain of scarabs burst out of the ground as they turned the corner, and scurried right toward them. "Scarabs!" Evie exclaimed, and without stopping they ran as fast they could, trying to get out of the scarabs' way.

As the underground passage opened up, Evie and Jasmine managed to stumble to one side while Rick and Jonathan leaped to the other. "That was close," Jasmine breathed in relief, but she yelped with surprise when Evie edged too close to the other side and they both tumbled down into the darkness.

"Where...are we?" Jasmine asked uncertainly, gasping for breath after their unexpected fall.

Evie shook her head, unable to answer, but before she could speak, they heard a painful moan not far from where they were. "It's Burns," Jasmine realized, feeling a little better once she saw that there was someone they knew. For once, she was glad to see one of the Americans, and that was certainly saying something.

"Oh, oh, Mr. Burns," Evie said, relaxing as well. "Thank goodness. I was just starting to get scared. We lost everyone - " she started, but broke of and screamed when he turned toward their voice.

Jasmine gasped in terror as she saw the state he was in. His eyes were missing, and from the way he spoke, she deduced that whatever had happened, he didn't lose just his eyes. "My eyes," he groaned, his voice filled with pain.

"What happened to you?" Jasmine cried, just as she heard Evie shriek in fear. She followed Evie's gaze and screamed at the sight of the mummy. He was no longer just a mummy - he was walking.

And he had eyes.

Jasmine had an awful feeling that those eyes once belonged to Burns. "How could he do such a thing?" she asked, bending down in an attempt to sooth Burns. The mummy had his full attention on Evie, so he hadn't noticed her yet. That's good, she thought. She might still be able to save Burns, especially after they had already lost the warden and there wasn't anything she could have done about it...

"My tongue," Burns went on, still in the pained voice that made Jasmine wince.

She couldn't just leave him here, not after what had happened to him. No matter how much she may dislike the Americans, he was still in trouble, and if there was anything she could do to help, she was definitely going to do it. She wasn't going to leave him like this, suffering in pain. She hadn't forgotten the warden's horrid death.

"There you are!" Rick's voice suddenly called out, and he ran toward where Evie was backed against the wall. "Quit playing hide-and-seek and let's get out of here!" He stopped short when he saw what she was staring at. "Whoa!" he exclaimed.

Jonathan and the other Americans, who had ran in after Rick, froze as the mummy roared at them.

Rick roared back at him and fired his gun, sending the mummy rolling onto the ground. "Move!" he yelled at them, and noticing that Jasmine was still beside Burns, ran to her side. "Come on, Jasmine!"

"What about Burns?" she protested, yanking her arm back as he tried to pull her away from him. "We can't just leave him!"

"We have to get out of here!" Rick argued, but Jasmine shook her head. He growled in frustration. "Fine! You help him, then!" he snapped, and without waiting for her reply, he and the Americans continued on, leaving her with Burns and the defeated mummy.

"Come on, Jasmine" She looked up to see Adam and Evan came back. Adam and Evan pulled Mr. Burns up, holding him steady, holding his arms around their shoulder.

Jasmine, still cautious, got up at her feet. "Let's go, Mr. Burns," she said, but as she turned her head, she gasped, getting startled when she realized that the mummy had gotten back onto its feet and was walking right toward them. She certainly knew that it wasn't dead but she didn't expect it to recover so soon.

Without thinking, Jasmine stepped in front of Burns, shielding him from the mummy. "Don't come any closer!" she was calm, her voice not wavering as he continued toward them. Jasmine could feel her heart thudding as he approached, in the way a wild animal would approach his prey.

Isn't this ironic? she groaned inwardly. Here I am, trying to help one of the Americans I dislike. I can't even hate the warden anymore after what had happened to him...

The mummy opened his mouth and spoke. "Hatshepsut " My eyes widened. "Imoteph" that name slipped from my lips without thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/n:- Thank you everyone for all the love and support.

Random fact:- Termites have been know to eat food twice as fast when heavy metal music is playing.

Random fact about me:- I can cook and bake.

Love,

Little_Sun