Chapter - 27

"My name is Jasmine O'Connell and I am not just some silly little girl who you think you can mess with."

Jasmine stood there daring anyone to challenge her again. Though she was not in good shape, she looked dangerous, any wise person would not mess with her that's for sure.  Because after hearing what she said and who she claimed to be, there was no one who would want to face the wrath of the incarnation of the Pharaoh Hatshepsut.

The elder seems to be in incredulity, they had lost the contact and stopped getting information about the incarnation years ago, they assumed that she didn't survive but here she was standing tall among them, living up to her name and reputation that she has around here. Everything was still and quiet for some time before the elder summoned the three to the tent to discuss the situation, but Jasmine was sure of what was about to happen, she glanced at Ardeth who was already beside her, he took her hand in his and kissed the back of her hand telling that he's with her no matter what only with his actions. She was calm, knowing what was about happen and that this time was not like what happened to Hatshepsut and she is no fool, they could play with. She continued to walk forward, through the parted crowd and into the tent of the elder, prepared for what comes next.  The show has just begun.

Ardeth stood beside Jasmine while the elder sat in front of them, his face not hiding the distaste that he held towards the sight that was in front of him.  His eyes shown the hate he held for Jasmine at that moment. He then spoke, "what proof you hold that you are, in fact, Jasmine."

Jasmine took a deep breath before turning around and pulling her clothes in a manner that only the tattoo that was given to her when she was engaged to Ardeth would be visible to the elder.  He did look conflicted before he straight up refused to believe that she is the same girl that had years ago took the brand of the wife of chieftain Ardeth. "That's a fake, we won't take it as proof." the elder then turned to Ardeth and spoke, "Ardeth, if you marry my daughter, I can assure you that you'll be an unbeatable chieftain, the best that had ever been."  Jasmine was watching everything carefully, something caught her eyes, the eyes of the elder, it had the same crazed look like in his daughter, Jasmine only noticed it before she knocked out her, she watched everything with watchful eyes, something was not right here. She was sure that they won't let them be together but there is something more than that going on here. She could feel it, she knew what it was but she was not able to place it. This familiar feeling, it was unsettling, uncomfortable and suffocating for her.

She got lost in her thoughts only to snap out of it when Ardeth held her hand tightly and pulled her closer. "I'll be the best chieftain there ever was, but with Jasmine by my side. I refuse to accept this proposal that you placed." He said firmly, leaving no room for arguments or negotiations and walked right out of the tent, pulling Jasmine with him. He walked fast, making Jasmine walk faster to keep up with him. She kept quiet, giving him some space for some time, letting him sort the puzzles that seem to be inside his head. They were near his tent,  he slowed down a little, walking side by side. Neither of them spoke, not that they needed to, both of them knew.  They knew what they had to do but they both realized that there is something more than just an elder being, well, an elder. This was just, not feeling right to them.

Once they were inside the tent, Ardeth pulled her into his arms tightly just standing there, holding her while resting his head on top of hers. He sighed but didn't let go, Jasmine stood there holding him as well, just enjoying that moment before they have to start their work. Reluctantly, they let go of each other, "Do you think-" they both said at the same time. Jasmine nodded at him, motioning him to go ahead.

"Do you think, maybe, something is wrong with them?"

"Yes"

"How do we be sure?"