Chapter - 10

- I ran down the palace, i could hear several sets of feet running after me. I pushed myself to run faster, i took twists and turns in hopes to lose them, but they were fast, i turned right and soon i got to the dead end and no where to go. I know I'll get caught eventually but I'd like to delay it as much as possible.
As I was running suddenly I'm pulled backwards, I yelped but it went muffled by a relatively larger hand. I was pushed against the wall behind a pillar which was quite well hidden by the large pot or vase or whatever those things are, I never got the point of it. I hear the footsteps going ahead not bothering to check the place.. 'not that i should be complaining'
I looked up at my saviour, staring into his deep brown eyes.
I slowly removed his hand from my lips, kisses the back of the hand lightly. "Found you" he said his deep voice still staring into my eyes. "In a perfect timing too" I whispered slowly. "You know, I would never do something like that, right? I didn't do it, it's a lie. You know -" my ramblings stuck in as he lightly kisses my forehead. "I know" he said holding me close, resting his medja marked cheek on top of my head. "Take me to the Pharaoh" I said moving away. "You think that is a good idea?" He said stopping me. "If I don't, then everyone will have all the reason to be words of Imotep." I said quietly. He sighed slowly pulling me into his arms, holding each other for a while. Then slowly he pulled me behind him and we started to make our way to the Pharaoh.
We went as quiet as possible, slowly not making any noise and drawing attention to ourselves. Swiftly and quietly, we moved through the hidden passages present in the corridor, trying​ not to get caught by the soldiers who were searching for me. Not saying I can't fight them off but that would do more damage than good. I rather not to tire myself out before the fight really begins. You know, what's actually worse than knowing what's gonna happen, it's the fact that you can't do anything to change it. This time it's already destined, but that doesn't mean i can't change this a little bit. I know i'm gonna go down but I'm not gonna go down alone.
I bust into the Pharaoh's chamber, he was about to order his soldiers but stopped when he saw who was with me. I told him the truth, the truth about Imotep and his beloved mistress. I see Pharaoh's eyes burn with anger. " If your words proved to be a lie, your punishment would be worse than death" he said as he walked off to see his mistress. Unknown to us that he won't return back ever. I turned towards my lover kissed him lightly and said " return to the medja, they need you" as I went after the Pharaoh.
They were about to attack him, I slipped in through a secret door, I held off their attacks but didn't realize as one of his priest came and attacked me from behind, stabbing me in the back, I fell, as they killed the Pharaoh. But Imotep escaped.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Big brother was shaking me, I gasped. I was shocked, if I wouldn't have moved out in that instance, I would have been crushed, I was breathing hard, not knowing from that Vision or near death experience. I looked down to see, my boots front top was stuck beneath the fallen rock, for the very first time I was glad I wore boots which was wayyyy big for me, putting cotton in the tip so it won't fall off.  I tried to pull my boot out but couldn't so i carefully took off my boots and decided to be barefoot for the time being. Eve gushing over the fact we found something big, someone who was really important or someone who was very naughty.
"Who the heck buries someone on the roof, Rick said making sure that I was okay. "It wasn't on the roof" I said as Evan picked me up and as we we're about to leave we heard a screm and warden ran straight into the wall, dropping dead. I started shaking, not expecting that.
Evan picked me up and took me outside to our camp, putting me down on his lap, trying to calm me down. He started humming a calming tune, and moved his hand softly through my hair and I was out like light.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Thank you, everyone!!
I am so grateful to you guys for your love and patience.
Sorry for the wait...

Random fact:- an average person farts 14 times a day...

Random fact about me:- currently I'm having obsession over shokugeki no some and kaichou wa maid-sama.😍

Vote, comment and follow ❤

Love and hugs

Unwritten_Angel