Chapter - 8

We met up with the Americans in the morning, and seeing the Americans first thing in the morning isn't really my mug of coffee.
"Good morning, my friends" Beni called to them in greeting. Big brother and Beni pulled their respective camels to stop, forcing the others to stop as well. From the pained look on my big brothers face, I could tell that he wasn't very happy about the current situation, and I don't blame him, we have some horrible memories about the place. "What the hell are we doing?" One man asked impatiently.
"Patience, my good barat'm, patience" Beni answered. "Remember our bet, O'Connell" another American called. "First one to the city, five hundred cash bucks"
"A hundred of them is yours, if you help us win that bet" the first man added to Beni. "Oh, my pleasure" Beni said, nodding in thanks before turning to address big brother with, "Hey, O'Connell! Nice Camel"
My dislike for Beni and those Americans grew by every minute, but big brother only patted our Camel on the back of its head in response. It was really mature (which he is usually not) of him not to pick a fight with him now. "Get ready for it" big brother announced, tightening his grip on the harness.
Eve looked at big brother, then at the Americans, and then back at big brother. " for what?" She asked, unable hide the curiosity in her voice. "We're about to be shown the way" I explained, just as the sun begun to rise. "This -this is" Eve began, but she couldn't find the exact words to describe what was happening, and was too stunned and mesmerized into silence as the city shimmered into existence right before her eyes. A months ago, if someone would have told her that she would travel to this city back again, then she would have dismissed the thought without a second thought. But now she remembered how Wonderful this was.
The second man leaned forward to get a better look, as though he couldn't quite believe what he was seeing. "Will you look at that?" He asked, amazement evident in his words. "Hamunaptra" the third American whispered. Big bro and us (Evan, Adam and I), however, were not impressed, " here we go again" Evan said with a sigh, but before I could or anyone could say, Beni let out a yell and whipped his camel, sending it running towards the city. Big brother, of course, would have none of it, and with a roar he raced after Beni and me clutching on him, trying not to fall. "Eek eek eek eek!" Eve cried, ushering her camel forward.
Big brother and I caught up to Beni. Beni suddenly started hitting Big brother with his whip, causing big brother to wince and yell out "ow" at contact. I tried to stop it and blocked it with myself, causing the whip to hit me and I winced and hissed at the pain. This caused big brother to get angry and he grabbed Beni by collar "shouldn't have done that, so long, Beni" he said, and flung the man off his camel. "And that serves you right" Eve added as she raced past Beni, she whooped as her camel ran on, passing big brother and I, and became the first one to enter the city - leading us to win the bet.
"We're here" Adam whispered as he joined us inside the city.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
It didn't took them long to set up the camps and get to work. The warden, peering into the hole that they would be entering, yelped when rick rope hit him in the head. He backed away carefully as the rope swing at him again and again. Jasmine giggled, causing rick to turn and glance at her, and gave him a thumbs up with winking at him. Then she turned to Eve. "that's the statue of Anubis, its legs go deep underground" Eve began. "According to Bembridge scholars ,that's where we'll find a secret compartment and the golden book of Amun -Ra....Ah, Jonathan, you're meant to catch the sun the sun with that" she added to her brother, who was busy cleaning a large, ancient mirror. Jasmine raised a brow as she saw Rick approach Eve. "So, uh, what are these old mirrors for?" He asked, gesturing at the one Eve was handling.
"Ancient mirrors" she corrected him. "It's an Ancient Egyptian trick.... You'll see."
Rick nodded before bringing out small bag, "it's.......for you" he said, sounding rather nervous. At Eve's look, he went on, "go ahead. It's something I borrowed off our American berthren. I thought you might like it,...  Might need it....for when you're down there. What are you looking at? He snapped at the warden, who held up his hands innocently.
Jasmine turned her head so Rick wouldn't accuse of eavesdropping, . " oh, we are so gonna discuss this later, big brother " she whispered smirking. But couldn't stop the smile that dominated her smirk as she saw the relationship that was blossoming between her brother and Eve, and they don't even realize it.
Rick didn't hear her comment as he grabbed the rope and jumped down. "Hey, look for bugs!?!!"  The warden called down to Rick. "I hate bugs!" Jasmine couldn't understand how someone who hate bugs can live in Egypt, she thought as she jumped down, followed by Adam, Evan and then Johnathan. "Oh, what is that god - awful stench?" he said loudly, just as the warden climbed down the rope after him. "oh" he said, realizing where the smell was coming from, and chuckled at his bad joke. Jasmine gave him a thumbs up flashed him a smile, glad that she was not the only one that disliked the warden. 

Eve spotted one of the Ancient Mirrors that would be used to reflect the light to the other mirror and so on, that will light up the room, she removed the cobweb from the Mirror and shifted it to catch the light. "And then there was...light"she announced as the whole room lit up. "hey" Big brother commented, looking around the room that was no longer dark, "that's a neat trick".  

 "Oh My God" She exclaimed as she too in her surroundings. "It's a sah- netjer" she continued. "What?"big brother asked sounding confused. "It's a preparation room" I elaborated, walking near Adam and Evan. Big brother, however,  still didn't get what I meant "Prepartion for what?"He asked still sounding confused as before. "For entering afterlife" Eve answered with a spooky tone in her voice which caused Big brother to grab his handgun from his jacket. 'I doubt that would cause any damage to things that are hidden here' Evan whispered to Adam and I, with a smirk. 

'oh they have no idea but we are not sure either'

*********************

Thank you guys, for the votes and comments

I really didn't expect so many views...wow..Thank you everyone 

it means a lot to me, truly

sooo Random Fact:- Flock of crows is known as a murder.

Random Fact about me:-  I Love Coffee

Vote, Comment and Follow

Until next time

Hug&Kisses

Little_Sun