Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy

We walked into the grounds of the rodeo, & found a spot near the bar to sit with the kids.

The guys all went to get beers & we sat down, grabbing the kids out of their prams.

"Pete, how you goin mate? Been a little while, these babies yours?" An old guy came over to us and shook Pete's hand.

"Yeah Lionel, these are mine. You remember my wife Kali." He introduced me & I shook the mans hand.

"How you doing Kali? Some gorgeous kiddies you've got there."

"Aw thank you." I smiled, watching Luka standing at the logs watching the girls on the horses campdraft.

Kendall walked over to her dad, sucking her thumb & he laughed, putting her on his hip.

"Hi baby girl." He grinned, as she laid her head on his shoulder, still sucking her thumb.

"I'll leave you folks to it." Lionel said, before he left us.

"God I always remember hating country stuff like this. Throw me in a fashion show or festival any day, but rodeos were never my thing. Funny how things change." I smiled, and Pete kissed my forehead.

"And can I just say, how smokin you look today baby." He whispered, pressing his lips on mine.

"You don't look too bad yourself either cowboy." He grinned & bent down for another kiss.

Messer finally woke up & Kendall was now standing with her brother watching the horse sports still.

I grabbed him out of the pram and took a sip of my beer.

"You want me to take him?"

"Yeah I really do." I laughed, passing him to Pete.

He had big muscles anyways, he could hold these babies a lot longer than I could.

Grace stood beside me and the guys were with the kids, when we got another round of beers.

"Steady up there Mumma." Pete laughed, and I just grinned.

"Mummas night off tonight baby, they're all yours." I laughed and he just looked at me.

"You wouldn't."

"Oh I'm beyond thinking about it baby, it's happening."

"Fine, I'll have the kids tonight while you party."

I grinned and high-fived Grace.

"Ladies night!"