Bull Rider

We were at Cooling Rodeo & Pete was riding while I sat to the side watching the kids.

Luca sat on the grass beside me & I had Kendall in the pram.

"Pete Collins, champion bull rider everybody!" Was called over the speaker and Luca ran to the gate to watch his dad.

"Please be safe." I whispered and he came out of the chute.

"Pete Collins everybody, this man is a bull riding icon."

He lasted the 8 seconds then got off the bull and waved to Luca.

"Daddy!" Luca yelled, waving on his tip-toes.

I smiled at how beautiful they were.

— 5 hours later —
"Pete I think it's time we head back to camp with everyone." I said, listening to my husband starting to slur his words as we stood at the bar of the rodeo.

"Yeah baby, the boys just wanna go do something first."

"What?"

"Don't worry about it babe, you go see the kids."

"Pete."

"Babe, just trust me."

I sighed and walked away, missing my kids & feeling bad for leaving them.

I got back to camp & Lacey was sitting with her boyfriend, watching the kids.

"Pete not back yet?"

"Nah, wanted to stay a bit longer."

She laughed and I sat beside them, grabbing Kendall and nursing her to sleep.

I went into our tent & put Luca beside me & Kendall between us & we drifted off.

— 4 hours later —
I hadn't slept at all tonight because of Kendall. Screaming & crying, probably waking everybody around us up too.

Pete still wasn't back and it was 3 in the morning.

Where the bloody hell was he?

"Kendall come on baby girl." I whispered, bouncing her as she laid in my arms.

"Mummy, is Kenny ok?" Luca asked, rubbing his eyes, just waking up from his sisters screams.

"Yeah baby boy, I'm sorry she woke you up, go back to sleep."

He nodded and laid back down as I covered the blankets over him again.

I laid Kendall to the side as she continued crying & I internally screamed.

I'm gonna kill him.

How long is the jail time for killing your annoying husband? Asking for a friend.

And with that another two hours passed where Kendall never gave up on her crying and it got to me.

Luca had been awake with me again through it because she was so loud, and I hadn't slept at all.

"Kenny, please stop." I begged, rubbing my eyes.

She continued her cry & I broke down.

Tears dropped down my face and Luca rubbed my hair.

"Mumma please don't be sad."

"Mummy's okay baby, I'm sorry you're awake still."

"It's okay, maybe Kenny misses daddy too?"

"Maybe." I sighed, trying not to let another tear slip.

"It's okay Kenny, big brother is here to look after you."