Skull

You couldn't hear the whispers of the class around you, you couldn't hear the dull attempt of Ms. Kawakami's shouts to calm her class down. The reason why, is that your eyes were trapped in the onyx pools of Akira Kurusu. You don't know why your were so captivated in his eyes, but you do know that if you keep staring at him, the class would surely get the wrong idea about the two of you.

Slowly, you ripped your eyes away from Akira and hid you face with your arms once again. For some odd reason, you felt your cheeks burn. Do you have a fever?

"You saw that right?"

"Yeah, they were just staring at each other, weren't they?"

"He even smiled at that heartless witch, I bet he'll do something crude to her."

"Would it even matter if he does or not? They're both bad news."

As Akira walked towards his seat, ignoring the whispers around him, you and him hears one word from a very familiar voice. "Lies..."

Slowly but silently, you and Akira turned to the same ash-blond haired girl who was glaring at her desk. "Ah.....you're...." Akira started off before he was shunned away from the girl. You silently glared at her. "She has some nerve...." you mumbled under your breath. Akira then turned to you which you turned away instantly trying hard to avoid as much eye contact as you possible can. Staying silent, Akira made it to his desk and sat down.

"First it's (L/N), now Takamaki-san? Damn what a player."

"What is this, Love triangle? Gross..."

"If that's the case then Takamaki-san is cheating on Mr. Kamoshida."

"Isn't he secretly having an affair with (L/N) too? Those two are shameful."

"You're right, a transfer student arrested for assault, a foreign girl dating and sleeping with a teacher, and a heartless witch who is secretly having an affair with the same teacher. That side is awful."

Those descriptions hit all three of you hard like a wrecking ball. In all honesty, you felt like crying. Holding a straight face all the time and dealing with lies you can't even put a stop to, made you.....weak. You tried to stay strong, but they always found a way to tear that partial line of defense down. "Oh, can the people nearby share your textbook for today?" Ms. Kawakami asked again. You looked around your area. Nobody moved an inch, nor turned to look at Akira.

"The hell? No way...."

"I'd rather be burned alive than share my textbook with him."

'Self-centered bastards...' you mumbled. Looking over at Akira, you noticed the small smile still on his face, but there were sadness, loneliness, and hurt behind that smile, that somehow reminded you of yourself. Sure you smile a lot when you're with your brother and foster parents, but inside, there was a permanent scar in your heart that'll probably never heal. You know that feeling and Akira has that hidden behind that smile of his. Akira let out a broken chuckled. "I thought so." he mumbled in a choked voice. Hearing him like that annoyed you. It's bad enough that the rumors get to you and really can't do anything to stop them but, you refuse to sit there and let this happen to someone else.

Taking out your textbook, you handed it over to Akira, which caught him and the rest of the class off guard. Now what really astonished everyone, including you, was the polite and maturing voice that came out of your mouth. "Here you go." You said unconsciously. Jaws dropped, eyes were blown wide, as everyone stared at you in disbelief, including Akira. "No one is going to share their textbook, so take mine." You said, glancing at him from under your (H/C) bangs. Akira stared at you silently before slowly taking the text book form your hand and gave you a bright warm smile. "You're too kind, thank you." he said. In an instant, you felt your heart beat, hiding your face, you nodded. "No problem." you mumbled.