Thank you for Listening [Ann]

Getting on the train, I found a seat and sighed happily.  I still cannot stop thinking about your smile, your beautiful, warm smile.  I have to hide this stupid, giddy smile on my lips, I look like an idiot. As soon as I got off the train, I walked out of the subway so I could take the next one home.  On the way out, I hear an argument going on outside the subway building. “I told you, I’m feeling unwell tod- What? No!” That voice sounded familiar. I made my way outside and found Takamaki talking on- well more like shouting at the phone.  “This has nothing to do with her! You call yourself a teacher!? Hey-”

    There was a pause.  Takamaki’s arm went limp and she was staring up.  “Shiho’s…. Position…” she whispered weakly before she lowered to the ground, curled herself up in a ball and let out a soft sob.  I watched her silently. Teacher? She must have been talking to Kamoshida, and by the looks of it, it was not a good conversation.  Slowly, I walked up to her, and looked down. “Are you ok? I asked concerned. Takamaki looked up at me then abruptly stood up and frowned at me.  “Y-You? You know eavesdropping is rude right?” she said. I narrowed my eyes and rubbed the back of my head awkwardly. “Sorry, but I swear to you that it was not my intention.” I said,

    Takamaki took a few deep breaths before sighing tiredly.  “No… I shouldn’t have yelled at you. I should be the one apologizing.” she corrected.  She then put her phone in her coat pocket and crossed her arms. “So? How much have you heard?” she questioned.  Shoving my hands into my pockets I answered. “I won’t go into details, but it sounds like you were arguing with a specific teacher.” Takamaki stayed silent for a good five minutes then suddenly turned from me.  “You….You know what? J-Just forget about it.” she said before running off. That obviously left me baffled. You can’t just ask me how much I have heard, then tell me to forget about it right after that. At anycase, I can’t just leave her like that, with a tiring sigh, I ran after her, following her down the underground walkway.  She was faster than I’d thought she’d be because I almost lost track of her.

    Luckily, I manage to find her leaning against one of the pillars, sobbing softly once again.  As soon as I approached her, she glared aggressively at me. “Why are you following me? Just leave me alone!” she shouted.  Now that I think about it, you and Takamaki have much in common. Both of you are wrongly misunderstood by the rumors, both of you are involved with Kamoshida for their own reasons which resulted in him taking advantage of you, and both of you hold the same sadful look in your eyes.  As different as the two of you could be, your situation is the only common thing. As Takamaki was about to leave again, I calmly spoke up. “Do you want to talk about it?” I asked. Takamaki looked at me as if I had lost my mind. “You want me to talk about my problems? To you?” She questioned with a skeptical expression.  I shrugged my shoulders. “It’ll make you feel better. All that anger and frustration will leave you feeling relaxed afterwards.” I replied. Takamaki stared at me some more before sighing and nodded. “Alright, if you really think it’ll make me feel better, then I guess I can talk to you about it.” she said.

    Moments Later…

Akira ended up taking Takamaki to a restaurant.  They didn’t order anything but a cup of water. Ann was silently tracing small circles on the cold table while Akira wsa just awkwardly sitting there in silence.  Sky blue eyes looked up at Akira for a moment before looking back down at the table. “So… I was talking to Kamoshida on the phone…” Ann started off. “He wants to, y’know… ‘get it on’, and I refused him.”
“I’m guessing he didn’t like that response?” Akira added.  Ann shook her head. “Yeah, and that’s when he threatened to take my best friend Shiho off the regular spot of the volleyball team.” she said as she gripped the napkins on the table. Akira widened his eyes. “He blackmailed you?” he asked. Ann giggled weakly. “When you say it like that, it sounds even worse huh?” she said.  “I’ve done so much for Shiho, and I can’t let her down. She’s the only friend in that school that I have!” Ann cried with flowing tears. “And I… I even tried to get close to (y/n), so she can help watch over her when I’m not around, but she doesn’t want anything to do with me.” she added.

Akira gave Ann a sympathetic look.  In his eyes, both you and Ann have trouble communicating with each other, which resulted in the misunderstanding towards each other.  Well thanks to the previous conversation with you earlier, Akira has learned more about you than anyone could have. He believes that now is the right time to send the word out.  “Actually, I wouldn’t say so…” he said. Ann looked up at Akira. “Huh? What do you mean?” she asked. Akira smiled softly. “Before meeting you, I walked (y/n) back to the subway, we talked on our way-” “Wait, What!?  She walked with you, and had a conversation with you as well!?” she shouted in shock.

    Startled by her outburst, Akira nodded.  “Y-yes, and I learned a lot from her as well.  Just like you, she’s misunderstood. She regrets her actions of ever getting involved with Kamoshida.  She hasn’t told me her reason for getting into such a bad situation, but she has given me such a warm smile, and I feel like she could trust me now, and I’m sure if you do the same for her, she’s willing to do the same for you as well.” Ann blinked in awe, eyes now glowing with interest and inspiration.  “You really think so?” She asked which Akira nodded. “I’m sure of it.” he replied. Ann stared down at the table again and smiled softly. “Yeah, I think you’re right. I’ll take you up on those words Kurusu-san.” she said as she got up from her seat and looked down at Akira. “Y’know, you’re not as bad as the rumors said you were.” she commented.

    Akira chuckled again.  “Heh… (Y/n) said the same thing, but don’t take me too lightly, every bad boy has to be good for a girl.” Akira said with a smirk and a wink which made Ann roll her eyes and laugh.  “Sure whatever you say. Anyway, thanks for listening to Kurusu-san, I’ll see you later.” she said as she grabbed the cup of water and walked away from the table. With a nod, the raven haired boy watched as Ann left the restaurant.  Seems like this day keeps getting better and better for Akira Kurusu, and if this keeps up, he might even get through this situation just fine.

----------------
And done!  Very short chapter this time, but I don't want you guys to wait any longer than you should so I hope you like it.  Unfortunately I can no longer play Persona 5 on my ps4, since I downloaded it from Ps Now, I thought I could keep it forever, jokes on me that's not the case, but luckily for me it's only 20 bucks on the playstation store, and I believe I can find a preowned game for a lower price, so that's on my list.  Oh and let me know when you guys want me to start the Persona 4 Yu Narukami x Reader story and I'll get started on that one.  So that's all for now so until then.

✌STAY COOL AND FRESH MY DUDES✌