Chapter 14

(Not proofread)
After dinner, I tried to get some sleep, but to know avail. I kept on thinking about what the new school would be like. Would they like me? Would I be bullied? Hopefully not. I shortly fell asleep with thoughts of the new school in my head.
**
The blaring of my alarm woke me up. I got up and stretched, then turned off the alarm. I begrudgingly got up from my warm, comfortable bed and walked to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and attempted to tame the mound of bed head on my head. I gave up and put my hair in a bun and walked down to the kitchen.
Mar was sat on a stool munching on some toast, I ruffled her hair."Hey, Mar."
She smiled. "Mrrrf." She sprayed bread crumbs as she talked.
I shuddered. "Eww, Mar swallow before you talk."
She swallowed and gave me a grin. "Sorry, I was saying hi."
I laughed and rummaged through the cabinets to find something for breakfast. I pulled out a box of cap'n crunch and a bowl, and got some milk from the fridge.I balanced the bowl, milk and cereal on my arm as I walked to the counter. I sat down on a stool, beside mar and ate.
Aunt Kathy came in wearing a bright green rode and a smile on her face. "Guys I have good news."
"What?" I asked, ooking up from my cereal.
"Well, today I'm going to take you guys shopping for clothes and supplies." She said.
I looked at her confused. "But don't we already have clothes."
She nodded. "Yeah, but grandma bought them and she wants you two to dress like perfect ladies, wear skirts and dresses."
I made a disgusted face. Don't get me wrong, I like the occasional skirt and stuff like that but I'm more of a tomboy. I like jeans, high tops, and t-shirts. " Like everything skirts and girly?"
She nodded. "Even, frills."
I gasped in horror, and pretended to die. "Not the frills." I wheezed, "Anything but the frills." I collapsed on the floor of fake heart attack.
My aunt chuckled. "That's why I'm taking you guys shopping."
I got up and hugged her. "Thank you, I don't know how I would've survived with those clothes."
She patted my back. "I know, what kind of aunt would I be if my niece wasn't comfortable in her home."
"A bad one." I said into her shoulder.
"Alright, go get dressed we leave at noon." She said.
"But it's the morning." I told her, confused.
"Check the clock dear." She pointed to a digital clock above the stove.
It read 10:30. "But, I woke up at seven." I was confused, I didn't normally wake up this late.
"There's a time difference between Nevada and Massachusetts, at least three hours." She pointed out.
I yawned. "Oh, ok." I went upstairs to my room. I opened my closet and to no surprise there was pink, frilly clothes everywhere. I looked in the back of the closet to find something not my style. After what felt like forever I found a dark red blouse, a black circle skirt, and some black ankle boots.

I put my clothes on the vanity and put on some makeup. I brushed my hair and curled it in big waves. I put on my clothes grabbed my shoes and purse and headed down stairs. Mar was still sitting on a stool. "Mar, don't you need to get ready?"

She hopped off the stool and leaned on me and put her arms around my legs. "Yeah, but I have nothing to wear." She whined.

"I could help you pick an outfit." I said.

She lifted her head and smiled. "Really?"

I nodded. "Yeah."
Mar squeaed and grabbed my hand. "Lets go!" She ran down the hallway to her room, dragging me along with her. This kid is strong for a five year old.

She opened her door, my jaw dropped, her room was a mess, toys all over the foor, books scattered on a desk and a wardrobe. "Margaret lee-ann Creaton what in the living heck happened to your room?!"

She looked around her room. "Oh...uh I just calmly played in my room for a few hours."

"Calmly? It looks like a tornado went through your room." I bent down and picked up some toys.
She smiled sheepishly. "Oopsises."

I snorted. "Yeah, oopsies." I put some books and toys on a shelf.

Mar opened her closet and looked at me. "Look, nothing to wear."
I peered into her closet, it looked like normal kid clothes, unlike my closet not everything was was bright pink and frilly. There were some colors like blues, yellows, and greens in her closet. I looked at Mar confused. "I thought pink was one of your favorite colors."
"It is but the clothes look to baby-ish." She said.
"No they don't they look perfectly adorable." I went through the clothes and pulled out some blue pants and a white shirt with a pink heart on it. "What about this?"
She looked at the clothes in my hand for a long time before deciding. "Okay, if your promise I won't look weird."
I drew an 'x' in the air over my heart. "Cross my heart."
She nodded and took the colthes from my hands. Mar went into the bathroom across the hall to change.
When she came back I tried to stop myself from saying 'Awwww.' She stood infront of her mirror and twirled. "Aww." I clamped a hand over my mouth, so much for trying to stop myself.
Mar pouted. "Don't aww I'm not cute."
"Yes, you are." I smiled.