Chapter 10

After cleaning the house I went upstairs to take a shower. After peeling off my sweaty and gross clothes I hopped into the shower and lathered my hair in my green apple shampoo. I rinsed and conditioned my hair and washed my body. I turned off the water and wrapped my towel around me.

My showers were always hot so when I opened the door I was greeted by a wave of freezing cold air. I speed walked my way into my room and put on my clothes. My outfit today consisted of black leggings, a black tank top, and an over sized cat sweater. I dried my hair and put it into two braids so my hair would be wavy for the flight tomorrow. I threw on some fuzzy socks and walked back down stairs and into the living room.

I found Mar sleeping on the couch with hot cocoa all over her mouth. I laughed and took my phone out of my pocket and took a photo. I picked Mar up and brought her to her room. When I set Mar on the bed she shifted and murmured "Mommy?" Was she having a nightmare of mom and dad? I crouched beside her bed and moved her hair out of her face.

She moved more, and her voice was louder this time. "Mommy, Daddy?" Her breathing started getting heavier and she started sweating. I took her shoulders and shook them.

"Mar! Mar!" She jolted up from her bed and started panting.

"Are you ok ?"

She nodded. " What happened ?"

"Nightmare probably, do you remember anything?"

"Mommy and Daddy were in the hospital and they were dead and I couldn't help them." I climbed onto Mar's bed and brought her into my lap. I started playing with her hair, it was something my mom did to comfort us.

"Mar I'm sorry." I didn't really know what I was apologising for, maybe for not being able to protect her from the bad dreams, or for my parents death. I put Mar beside me. "Do you want to take a bath?" She nodded and I went into the bathroom to run her bath. I put on some bubbles and got out her ducky towel, you know the ones with the hood built in, its pretty rad. I got out some bath toys and stopped the water.

" Mar bathes ready !" Mar came in and I helped her out of her onesie and she got into the tub. I went towards the door. " Alrighty call me in you need me." Mar nodded and I went back into my room.

I climbed into my bed and opened my new book, paper towns by John Green. After reading a couple of chapters I drifted of into a much needed sleep. I was completley content with being asleep untill my alarm clock dedcided to wake me up, had I really slept that long? I sluggishly moved my arm to slam down on the alarm clock and looked at the time, 6:30 and we need to get the the airport at 8:00. I groaned and turned over to the other side of the bed. I saw Mar staring at me all wide-eyed and creppy.

I screamed really loud and hopped out of bed. "MARGARET LEE-ANN CREATON WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY BED YOU CRAZY CHILD!"

Mar smiled and said. "Did you know you snore, like alot?"

I gave her a grumpy look. "Did you know you snore, like alot?" I mimicked her in a high-pitchd voice. I smiled and picked her up from the bed. "Lets go get some food." I walked down to the kitchen and put some bread toaster and got out some plates. I slid over to Mar, yes slid they made fuzzy socks for a reason. She looked at me unamused and dissapointed. "What, its just toast?"

"But I don't want toast, I want pancakes or a sandwhich."

"We can stop at some resturaunt to get some more food okay?"

Mar nodded and I got the toast out of the toaster and put some butter on them. I gave the plate to Mar, ate mine and went upstairs to change. I brushed my hair and put it in a french braid. I went over to my stack of clothes that I wouldn't bring all the way to masachusetts and pulled out some black leggings, a dark blue c'est la vie shirt, and a gray varsity jacket. I grabbed my duffel bag and walked twoard the door, grabbed my suitcase and headed out the door.

I put the suitcases into the trunk of my car and went back into the house to get Mars. After loading up the car I went back into the house. Mar was watching T.v so I turned it off and looked at her. "C'mon we've got about fifteen minutes untill we have to leave and I would like to get theere early." Mar graoaned and rolled off the couch, faceplanting into the carpet.

"Okay I know you don't want to leave this house anymore than I do but we have to okay?" I flipped Mar over and tears ran down her face. I picked her up and hugged her. "I'm sorry Mar we have to go."

She sniffled. "Why do we have to leave nevada?" (A/N they live in nevada if I didn't already say.)

"Because Grandma wants to take care of us." Well, more forced to take care of us. I got up with Mar, grabbed my keys and headed out to my car. I buckled Mar in her seat and closed the door. I looked back at the house and sighed. This is the house were I grew up, had my first birthday party, cried about my first boyfriend, and saw Mar for the first time. A few tears fell down my face and I quickly wiped my face. I got into the car and pulled out of the driveway.

The drive to the airport was very long and boring, Mar wouldn't talk to me and while I silently played all of my classical music. It usually drived her crazy and she would laugh at me for being boring. It didn't work today though, the only emotion on her face was sadness. There were tear stains on her face and her eyes looked red and puffy.

I pulled into the parking lot and opened Mar's door. "Hey kid were here." She looked at me all upset and it made me heart heavy.

"I'm sorry Mar we have to." She just nodded and un-buckled her seatbelt. We got out luggage out of the car and headed in. After we got our tickets, and had the oh-so-akward 'Have a nice flight' 'Thank you you to' conversation we were waiting for our plane. Mar had gotten out of her funk and was happier.

After what seemed like forever we heard our flight being called. I looked over at Mar. "Alright, here we go."