Chapter 8

After packing Mar's suitcase I grabbed them and set them by the front door. I checked the clock on my phone, 12:15. I guess it time to get some lunch. l looked around the living room and the kitchen, I couldn't find Mar anywhere. I called up the stairs. "Mar are you hungry." I heard loud, running footsteps. An out-of-breath Mar appeared on the stairs.

"Food?" I laughed and nodded. I started to look for my keys, but with my luck I couldn't find the dang things. Mar shook her head and laughed at me. I stuck my tongue out at her. "Fine, if you're so clever then you find my keys." Ha, she won't be able to find my keys, they're always hiding. Mar was just looking around for a bit until she reached into my bag. She pulled her hand out with nothing in it. Ha, told you. She went over to the small bowl we kept on the counter for spare change and house keys.

"They're not going to be in there, I'm not smart enough to put my keys some where so obvious." She hummed in agreement. Mar rummaged through the bowl until she spotted something.

"Ah ha!" She turned to me and my keys were in her hand. I grabbed them from her. "Stupid smart kid always finding things for me but I'm glad for that I guess." I mumbled. I grabbed my bag and walked out the door. I walked to my fuchsia ford fiesta, unlocked it and sat in the drivers seat. Mar came out shortly after me. She walked over to the passengers seat and got in.

"Whoa there kid no passenger seat for you get in that car seat of yours."

She huffed. "Fine." She opened the door behind mine and got in. "Do you need any help buckling?"

Mar glared at me. " No, I'm a big kid." She fidgeted with buckled until she gave up. " I need your help." She whispered.

I snorted. " What, I didn't really catch that." She glared at me from the mirror.

"I need your help, stupid." I gasped and got out of the car. I came to her side and did her seat belt. "All you had to do was ask." I got back in my seat and started the car.

"I guess you don't want any food." Her eyes widened.

"No, No I'm kidding I think you're very smart and lovely o' great sister who will buy me food."

Ha ha funny child. I pulled out of the drive way. "Were do you want to go?"

"MCDONALD'S!" She screamed.

"OK, OK we can get McDonald's as long as you promise not to scream again, I would like to keep my hearing until I'm at least fifty." Mar pretended to zip her lips and smiled all the way to McDonald's. I pulled into the parking lot of McDonald's and un-buckled Mar. When we got in Mar went to sit at a booth and said " You know my order peasant fetch me my food." I glared at her and got in line.

When I got to the cashier dude he was texting, rude, can't you see I'm right here. I cleared my throat. "Excuse me?" He looked up from his phone.

"Oh right, Welcome to McDonald's how may I take your order." He looked me up and down, great he's one of those guys.

I sighed. " Can I have a chicken nugget happy meal. A Big Mac, a large fry and two Oreo flurries." He rung me up and I gave him the money. When he gave me my food he looked at me.

"You know I could throw in a small fry." I nodded, free food. When he came back he looked at me creepily again.

"So can I have your number." I started walking away with the bags of food. I looked over at Mar and gave her a you-better-come-over-here-because-i'm-about-to-get-the-fudge-out-of here-look. Mar hopped out of her seat and came and stood by my side.I looked to the guy and shrugged.

"No sorry, but thanks for the fries though." I think the guy realized hat I was getting away.

"Hey come back here." We were out the door by now and in the car. I started the car and drove away.I can't believe I just did that.

************************************************************************************************************

HEY HI HELLO MY LOVELIES WOOOO GUESS WHAT YOU WILL NEVER GUESS..... MY BIRTHDAY IS THIS SATURDAY :) I'M SO EXCITED AND I WILL BE IN TN FOR MY BIRTHDAY AND FOR THAT WHOLE WEEK SO UPDATES MAY BE SCARCE SO I'M SORRY FOR THAT BECAUSE I DONT EVEN KNOW IF MY GRANDPARENTS HAVE WI-FI ANYWAYS I LOVE ALL OF YOU FOR READING MY BOOK AND THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO cevan0003 BECAUSE SHE WAS THE FIRST TO COMMENT ON MY BOOK XXXXXX irishviolet07