Chapter 11

I held Mar's hand as we walked through the gate. we gave the lady our tickets and sat down( A/N sorry if this is wrong I haven't been on a plane in forever) I put our luggage in the compartments and sat down. I had the window seat because I know Mar would have to us the bath room.

Mar looked at me. "Yes, Mar?"

"I want the window seat, so you should give it to me."

I raised an eyebrow. "And what if I don't ?"

She gave me an evil grin. " I will whine the entire plane ride and I will be nothing but miserable the entire time at grandma's."

"Are you really going to keep that up Mar, you can't not smile for at least two hours."

"Yep."

I huffed. " Fine." Mar squealed and got out of her seat. She sat down and opened and closed the window. I swatted her hand away. "Stop, you'll get it stuck."

Mar opened the window again. She looked out it and then back at me. "When do you think we will fly?" I looked out the window.

"Probably not for a long ti-" I was cut off by the pilot saying that we would be taking off on the loud speaker. Mar giggled.

"Yeah not for a really long time." I opened my mouth in fake shock. I tickled Mar's ribs and she squealed, earning us mean looks from other people on the plane. I stopped and sat up straight and pretended that nothing happened. I poked Mar in the ribs and she squealed again.

I felt us taking off, Mar looked out the window to see the earth below us getting smaller and smaller. I plugged in my headphones and turned on some of my favourite music. The flight attendant came by with drinks and food. Mar got some pasta thing and I got a water, I had a fear of heights and I was slightly motion sick so I would stick to light things.

After a while I drifted off into a peaceful sleep. I woke up from what felt like hours of sleep. Mar was hovering over me and poking me. " Lillian wakey wakey." I reached over and hit Mar.

"Don't call me Lillian." I got up from the seat and looked around the plane, people were staring to get there things. I reached up and stretched. We went to baggage claim and got our bags. I looked at my phone, it was a text from my grandma. 'Your aunt will pick you up, we are doing your room.'

I sighed and put my phone in my bag, its always like Grandma to do this. I grabbed my stuff and Mar's hand. "We have to meet Aunt Kathy so she can take us to Grandma's house." We started walking to the parking garage.

"Why can't Grandma come get us?"

"Because she is working on our rooms, isn't that cool." I said in a semi-sarcastic tone.

"Yeah but it won't be the same." Mar whined. I stopped and turned to Mar.

"I know it won't be the same, nothing ever be the same but we have to at least try and like it okay?" Mar nodded. I bent down and hugged her. we kept on walking until I saw our Aunt's car.

Aunt Kathy is a short, skinny, blonde woman who is married to Uncle Keith and has a son close to my age named Jackson.

Aunt Kathy came out of the car squealed and hugged us, we hadn't seen them in so long . "How have you girls been?"

I couldn't tell of he was just asking that or if she wanted to know how we've been since our parents death.

I sighed. "We've been managing."

She put her hands on my cheeks and moved my head. "Have you gotten taller? Surely you've gotten prettier?" She put her hands on my shoulders, and smiled. "Have you gotten yourself a boyfriend yet?"

I laughed and shook my head. Aunt Kathy moved on to Mar. I looked behind my aunt and saw Jackson. I put my bags down and ran over to hug him. "Jackson!" I yelled.

He laughed and ruffled my hair. " Hey kiddo."

I gave him a weird look. "Kiddo? I'm only eight months younger than you."

"Exactly your a kid compared to me." I playfully punched him in the arm. "Ow hey munchkin knock it off." I laughed and brought my bags over to the back of the car.

Uncle Keith stood close to it. "Hey kid, how's it going?" What's with everyone calling me kid today? I mean I'm not that small only 5'4.

I weakly smiled and sighed. "Its...uh been going good, we've been coping... I guess." He nodded and gave me an awkward hug, he and I weren't really close.

I put my stuff in the trunk and did the same with Mar's. Aunt Kathy came over to me. "Hey is your car here?" I nodded, Grandma shipped my car over here because she and I quote. 'Doesn't want my teenage ways getting all over her car.'

She could afford it so I wasn't at all worried but the only thing that would be scattered around the car would be books,food wrappers ,and tissues. Not any drugs or drinks or anything like that.

She always assumes that I'm some alcoholic druggy who parties every night. The only parties I go to are the ones Amelia drags me to.

Aunt Kathy cleared her throat. I was probably lost in thought again. "Why doesn't uncle Keith take your car so that way we can all catch up."

"Yeah, ok." I tossed uncle Keith my keys, and we got into the car. We were ten minutes in to the drive and Mar fell asleep.

Jackson was listening to music on his iPhone. I pulled out on of his earbuds and put it in, it was 'she's a rebel' by green day, I nodded in approval.

He turned to me. "You like them?"

"Yeah, why do I not look like someone who likes them?"

He shook his head. "You look like you listen to hipster or pop, because of your glasses and style and how your happy all the time."

I laughed. "Well sorry for not during my hair black and not having tattoos and for not having perfect eyesight."

I looked out the window. " And I'm not happy all the time now."

Jackson's face fell. "Lils I'm sorry I-"

I cut him off. "It's ok, I get it you forgot about what happened, it must be nice."

"It's just-"

"Can we not talk about it please?"

"Yeah,sure."

I looked out the window again and fell asleep. I woke up from the jolt of the car. I gasped and looked around, I started to breath heavy.

"Lils wake up we're here." Jackson shook me. I got out of the car and got my luggage. I started walking up the path. Jackson came up beside me.

"Are you avoiding me?" He asked looking worried.

I gave him a sarcastic laugh. "Nope I'm just super excited about seeing grandma."

He cringed." Oh right I forgot you hate her and vise versa."

I nodded and knocked in the door. the door swung open and there was Grandma. I smiled at her. "Hello Grandmother." I bowed for dramatic effect.

My grandma glared at me. " I don't like the way you're behaving young lady." I walked inside the house.

*************************************

Hey guys sorry if this is short I just have been putting of this chapter for a long time and I wanted to get it done and make sure it is perfect😊 ok bye XXXXXX irshviolet07 vote comment