Chapter 9

Chapter 9 – Louis’ POV – A Week Later-

I couldn't believe I just let her go like that. Again. Just like in high school. I was 21 flipping years old and I couldn't tell a girl I had feelings for her? Pathetic...

I had tried to text and call her all throughout the week, but there was no response. Today, I was going to her apartment to apologize and try to get her back. When I got there, I saw 7 newspapers on the doorstep. I checked her mailbox and it was jam packed with mail. I tried calling her again.

No answer. If she wasn't at home and didn't pick up her phone all week, where could she be?

I rang the doorbell. No answer.

I stayed there for about a half an hour. She didn't come back.

My thoughts immediately went to worst case scenario, that she was missing. No, I couldn't think like that I had to think clearly or I'd never get anything accomplished.

Back To A Week Earlier –Paul’s POV.

I grabbed Taryn by the back of her jacket and pulled her into the alley. I couldn't believe what I was about to tell her. Just completely blow my cover. I took off my sunglasses and Taryn's eyes opened wide when she saw exactly who I was.

"You work for the US Embassy. And I know this because I work undercover there.” Okay, now she looked more confused than anyone else I had seen “You’re being transferred to Madrid, Spain. You CAN speak fluent Spanish right?" she nodded frantically. "Well the US needs more people in Spain who can actually speak the language, and you’re one of the Embassy’s top workers. We need you there."

"How do I know you're telling me the truth?" she questioned. No wonder she was suspicious, this was one of the weirdest situations I had ever been, stranger than anything I had experienced even with One Direction. I showed her my badge for the Embassy.

"You can go into your office and ask your boss, Natalie, about everything. She knows and she’ll confirm it. You’ll need to leave as soon as possible. How fast can you get everything you need packed up? We can Ship the rest later."

“Oh, it won’t take long, I’m still unpacking everything from moving into my current apartment” I nodded and with that, Taryn turned and walked down the alley, towards the sidewalk.

"Taryn!" I yelled. "Good luck in Spain, I heard they speak some weird language there” She smirked and turned onto the sidewalk and out of sight.